stay with me?

Sabrina abruptly sat up in bed, her breathing heavy and fast. She looked to her left, hoping to see Daphne sleeping next to her. But she remembered. The little girl was sharing a room with Red now.

Sabrina slowed her breathing and looked out her window. It was still dark. Great.

She got out of bed and walked into the hallway. Twice, she knocked on the door and waited for Puck to answer.

And when he did, Sabrina felt tears in her eyes.

"Sabrina?" he softly asked.

The tears slowly slipped out and she hugged the sixteen looking fairy. He hesitated for a second before confusingly wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Hey, you're okay," he whispered, running his fingers through her hair and letting his head rest on her shoulder.

"It was the worst nightmare ever. I......." Sabrina choked out between tears.

"Can you sleep with me tonight? I don't think I can be alone," she whispered.

Puck nodded, let go of the hug, grabbed her hand, and closed his bedroom door.

When they entered her room, Puck silently closed the door and sat next to Sabrina.

"Can you tell me what the dream was about?" he asked, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

"We were twelve again, during the war. But it was different. You got shot with three arrows, right in the stomach, as I was fighting with Natalie. You let out this ear-piercing scream as you fell to the ground. I ran over to you and we talked. I was begging you to let me take you to nurse Sprat, but you said it was your time. And then you died, and I screamed. Even though I was telling you how much I needed you, you wouldn't save yourself. So then the fight ended and we all went home. I was given your sword and slingshot, and I could barely keep myself together at your funeral. Then after the burial, Sprat gave me your hoodie and I found a note in the pocket. It was a note saying how much you love me. Puck, I can't lose you and that dream....it made me realize that you mean everything to me."

Sabrina turned her head to look at the fairy and she saw that he was crying, his eyes glued to the floor.

"Just........you saying that I mean everything to you made me realize. I've never loved anyone as much as I love you. And I know that we're supposed to be arch enemies, but my feelings have changed into something deeper and better. You make the sun shine, Sabrina."

The blonde girl smiled but climbed under the covers.

"Can you still sleep with me? I don't want to have bad dreams," she asked.

Puck nodded and climbed under with her. At first, it was a bit awkward, but they eventually got comfortable. Puck had unfurled his wings and protectively wrapped them around Sabrina. And she pressed her body against his, her face practically pressed into his chest.

The fairy wrapped his arms around Sabrina as well and the two slept like that the rest of the night, protecting one another.