prom

Sabrina Grimm, a senior at Ferryport Landing High School, sat in the bathroom, her head in her hands, crying.

School had gotten out a few weeks ago due to a virus, COVID-19, and the senior class was on the edge of their seats, waiting to see if prom and graduation were canceled.

Nothing about graduation has been said, but it was finally announced today that prom had indeed been canceled.

Now, Sabrina had never been a girly-girl, but she was so excited for prom. She was to go with Bella, Toby, and Puck. And even though fairy king didn't actually ask her, the two were practically going together. Puck had even purchased her a corsage in the same color as her dress, but of course, he didn't tell her.

Sabrina had picked out a fitted, floor-length royal blue dress with straps. She was to pair it with sparkly black heels and a natural makeup look.

She wiped the tears off her face and stood up. As she stood up, the door open and she turned around to find Puck standing in the doorway.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, closing the door and standing in front of her.

Sabrina didn't say anything, she just wrapped her arms around his waist and cried into his shoulder.

"Sshhh, it's okay," he whispered, squeezing her.

They hugged and stood there, in eachother's arms for a few minutes before Sabrina pulled away.

"What happened?" Puck asked, letting his hand rest on her hips.

"Prom's............canceled," she choked out between gasps for air.

His hands fell to his side before they cupped her face. He wiped away her tears with his thumbs and gave her a soft smile.

"Just because the physical dance is canceled doesn't mean we can't celebrate on our own. Nothing can stop us Grimms."

Sabrina laughed and nodded. "Yeah, you're right."

Puck nodded back and gave her another quick hug. When Sabrina let go, she placed a kiss on his cheek, opened the door, and left the boy speechless.

He lightly touched the spot where she kissed him and smiled. "God I love her."

A week later, Friday afternoon, Sabrina was sitting on her bed, looking at her dress hanging on her closet door. She let out a sigh as her phone dinged with a new message.

She picked up her phone and saw it was from Bella.

'Hey girl. How's quarantined prom going?'

'Sad and depressing. I'm just staring at my dress.'

'Oh god, I'm so sorry hun. Maybe you and Puck should do a movie night, that's what Tony and I are doing tonight.'

'Maybe, but his brain is smaller than a pea so 🤷‍♀️.'

'You never know, Brina.'

'Yeah. Have fun tonight.'

'We'll try. Byeeee.'

'Bye.'

Sabrina clicked off her phone when this time, a call came in. She picked it up and the Puck's voice filled her ear.

"Can you do something for me?" he asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"By seven tonight, be dressed up and ready for prom. Trust me."

"Yeah, okay. See you then."

She hung up and checked the time. Two pm. A sigh slipped out and she glanced at dress again.