rooftop

It was a warm Saturday night and Puck was sitting on the roof of Granny's yellow house, staring over the treetops.

Mustardseed has passed away a few days ago. His brother. His first friend. One of the only people who really understood him, was gone.

Sabrina knew what had happened, but she didn't talk to him about it. No one did. But he needed to talk to someone. And not just anyone. He needed Sabrina.

The moon had just risen when he heard a noise behind him. He withdrew his sword, flew up a bit in the air, and turned to see who or what his opponent was.

But it was only Sabrina, fully clothed, climbing out of her bedroom window. He let out a sigh of relief and sat in the roof again. Sabrina came and joined him, sitting on his left.

She brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Puck placed his word back into the holder on his belt and sighed.

His wings retracted in and Sabrina looked over at him and gave him a small smile.

"Do you need to talk?" she asked, rubbing his arm.

He started to shake his head, but it turned into nodding. He placed his head in his hands as Sabrina started rubbing slow circles on his back.

The poor boy shook with sobs while Sabrina pulled him into a kind of awkward side hug. But neither of them cared.

Puck turned so his face was buried in her shoulder and Sabrina placed her face in the crook of his neck.

The moonlight shone on the two teenagers as they held themselves in each other's arms.

Eventually, Puck's tears ran dry and he wiped his eyes dry, turning to face the tree tops again.

Sabrina brought her legs back to her chest and she wrapped her arms around them.

"He was my best friend. The one I would go to when I had problems. And until I met you, he was the only one I could turn to," he said, staring at the moon.

Sabrina's eyes started to water as she stared at the stars.

"He's watching down on you. He knows you miss him. I know that. And he's only gone if you forget about him in here," Sabrina said, placing her hand over where his heart was.

Before she could take it back, Puck placed his hand over hers. He closed his eyes and tilted his face to the moon once again.

Sabrina smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. He let go of her hand and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"So, what are some good memories of him?" Sabrina asked, following his gaze to the moon.

"Oh, there was this one time where we......."

The two sat out there for hours, sharing memories and laughs. At some point, Sabrina fell asleep on his shoulder, so Puck picked her up bridal style and flew through her bedroom window. He placed her in her bed and pulled the covers over her. He took off her shoes and closed the window so no sudden cold breeze could come through.

Once he got her all settled in for the night, he sat down on the bed next to her.

He pushed back a bit of hair behind her ear and smiled. He bent down and kissed her forehead.

As he walked to the bedroom door and turned off her lights, he could've sworn he saw her smile.

But he would have to leave it up to his imagination.