window sill

I sat on the window sill of the window at the end of the hall, staring at the moon and stars.

I pulled my knees to my chest and put my head in between them. Suddenly, a door opened down the hall and I looked up to see a blonde and beautiful figure tip toeing towards me.

When she spotted me, she sighed, let her shoulders sag, and continued to walk towards the window.

She hoisted herself onto the window sill and looked out the window with me.

"Are you okay? You haven't been acting.......yourself lately," she whispered.

I turned to face her and saw that she was looking at me, her eyes soft.

"I'm fine. I just, I don't want you to move," I confess.

She moves so she's closer to me and takes my hand and we let out fingers intertwine.

"I know, I know. I'll still be here in New York, just in a different house. You can come and visit all you want. Just, let me know before hand because collage will be taking up a lot of my time."

I nod and rub my thumb over her hand. She closed her eyes and smiled. I felt my heart grow heavy, so I pulled her closer to me until she was sitting in between my legs.

Even though we're twenty, it feels like we're twelve again.

With my free hand, I push a lock of her honey blonde hair behind her ear. My hand lingers on her face and she leans into it.

She opens her previously closed blue eyes and looks into my green ones. I see her smile in the moonlight before she closes the small space between us.

Her lips were soft and they mirrored my directions. We softly kissed under the moonlight and I felt whole again.