☁️🎸 • 💖 || The Hunted

This oneshot is written inspired from the book "The Hunted" by starisgone! Go give her some support! :D
Same dynamic, same problems as the original book, this oneshot takes place in the time that Dream and Wilbur lived together, you could go read the book first but I'll explain what is needed here to understand the plot of the oneshot (this is also not part of the actual book)

🥀

Ah, the hunted. People who runs for their lives while an unfair system hunts them down. In this city people are classified as Hunted and Innocent, but let's just say that a lot of innocent people are labeled as hunted because of a tiny mistake, someone trying to take revenge or breaking one of the most stupidest rules that they have set for innocents to follow.

Behave or die, like some would say.

Simple right?

The innocent are protected by the hunters, the hunters hunt down the hunted, the innocent live in fear of the hunted.
God I even got dizzy from that.

The rules are also simple;
The innocent can't go nowhere near the hunted in any circumstances, this includes no talking, no touching, no loving, no hiding and no covering the hunted. This could lead to some conflict wouldn't it? People who have full families, one mistake and out they go! The innocent can't love the hunted, the innocent can't help the hunted, if they do they would get punished and the person they were hiding dies, so everybody looses in these type of occasions.

Well, this doesn't happen every time..

Only if you get caught ;)

🥀

"This is a bad idea.." he said whisper-yelling to the blonde by his side.

"Don't worry we'll be fine" he said as he held onto his arm, their plan was simple, just going in and out of the store, easy right? Well, not when one of them was the most popular hunted in the data lists, anybody could recognize him by miles away so he was running a lot of risk, it's not like the brunette wasn't also risking his life for some stupid food, but he couldn't leave Dream alone when today was a check in day, officers would go in his home and look for anything out of place, even when he was the son of someone important they forcefully had to go in.

"These masks aren't enough-!" He said as he felt his mask falling off, pulling it back in it's place with his free hand since the other one was being held by Dream, who was as close to him as he could.

"Shhh, they won't suspect shit-" this had the brunette worried, they only had masks on and it didn't even cover their eyes, just their mouth, Wilbur didn't have a reason to hide like that but just in case, something told him that he would need this. By his side, Dream was wearing a hood covering his head, while the mask hid his freckled cheeks. He looked like he was about to rob a bank, with the dark clothing covering him entirely, his eyes hardly could be seen thanks to the hood so that was something at least.

Just as they did a turn they saw the little building with lights inside, there were just a few people but nothing to worry about, they just had to act normal to go in and pass the hunters that were securing the door, looking carefully at the people who went in and out.

"This is a really bad ide- dReam!!" The blonde pulled him by his arm, walking in the direction of the entrance "just wait here I can go in alone!" He tried stopping him but when he managed to stand up straight the force the shorter had was more than his, and damn was he strong. He almost lost his balance thanks to the freckled boy not stopping, widening his eyes when the hunter's gaze was focused on them. He smiled nervously and looked back at them.