JK 2

"Kim." Jisoo answers the call after the third time.

"Miss Kim?" I ask confused when I hear the husky but soft and incredibly sexy voice on the phone.

"Yeah. Wait, are you looking for Kim or are you Kim?" She laughs and the laugh makes me smile. What? "Hey, it's that sexy." I gasp when I hear it.

"Huh?" I take a drink of water.

"Sorry, it wasn't you." She giggles "So, how can I help you?"

"This is Jennie Kim." I say and she remains silent "You did an interview yesterday, at Chanel."

"Oh, yeah" she seems to remember now "The interview with the beautiful woman with the eyes..." There's a noise in the call that drowns out her words and I can't understand.

"Hello? Something happened?"

"Sorry, I dropped the phone. What were we saying?" Damn, now I'm curious to know what she said.

"I'm calling to congratulate you and inform you that you were chosen for the vacancy." I wait for the squeals of celebration or something that shows it, but just silence "Hello?"

"Hi, yes, thanks for letting me know. When do I need to go and what is the dress code?" she looks bored now.

"Tomorrow, at 9 am, there's no dress code in our company..."

"Good, a company that really cares about the well-being of its employees." she cuts me off and I can feel the smile in her voice. Was that ironic?

"What do you mean?"

"There are days when we don't feel like dressing up much and there are days when we want to produce ourselves for a runway, I'm happy to contribute in a place that accepts this, after all, we're all human beings moved by emotions." She laughs again and I'm surprised by her words. "It was just that?"

"Yes, sorry, congratulations and good luck." I smile.

"Bye, baby!" I hear her say before the call ends and I stare at the phone. Laughing softly at the craziest conversation I just had.

"Ruby Jane smiling? What miracle would that be?" Rosé enters the room without knocking and I roll my eyes. "Is Irene managing to win you back?"

"Isn't it too early for you to be that way? What you want?"

"Now, the sharp Jennie I know is back." she sits in front of me and crosses her legs.

"Do you think I should break up with Irene?" I bite the pen cap.

"Are you happy with her?"

"I don't know, well, she's gotten better lately. She's so loving and caring." Sigh.

"Does she already know about the hiring?"

"No and I'll tell her that you did it without consulting me."

"You're a coward." Rosie shakes her head in denial.

"I just want to avoid these fights." I pout.

"Okay, you can use me, Jen, but she'll find out eventually."

Irene started getting more possessive a few months ago when there were some rumors that I was having an affair with my old marketing director, Jongin.

We were working on a huge project, so we ended up staying very late at the office. We ordered food and continued working. Nothing ever happened to anything, he was always very respectful as much as I knew he had a crush on me.

Until one day, Irene came into my office, really mad with rage and started with the accusations. There was a media story with photos saying we were involved, it was real chaos and the atmosphere was really tense.

After that day, I was away from the company for a month, Irene and I traveled to various places, practically on a honeymoon. Everything seemed to be in order until, a few days after we got back, I was reviewing some contracts and Jongin came into my office to discuss some project he was thinking about.

He stopped beside me to explain some details and sketch what it would be like until Irene arrived and it was another chaos. So he resigned and I haven't found anyone else for the sector until now.

"Hey!" I feel a slap on the back of my head.

"Aish!" I rub the place where it's burning "What's wrong?"

"Do you think Kim is single?" She gives me a pervy smile.

"She didn't even come in and you already want to get into her pants?" I start laughing.

"Jen, were you in the same room as me when we met her? Because if you were, I'm sure you witnessed humanity's greatest living masterpiece right in front of us." she sighs.

"Do you like her?!" I'm surprised and a little annoyed, not knowing why.

"What? I just know, I'm interested."

"She looks straight." I say thinking about her. "Today when I called to let you know, she said someone was sexy."

"She's cheating on me" she pouts and laughs. "I'll charm her and she won't resist, even if I'm not as good as you at bringing people to the valley. My luck is that you are out of the race."

"What makes you think I'd be interested in her?" I arch an eyebrow in surprise.

"Come on, Jen, she's totally your type. Brunette, milky skin, defiant and indomitable. You can't resist a challenge and that's why you're with Irene to this day." She laughs and I rolls my eyes.

"Enough talk bullshit and go to work! I don't pay you to keep getting into my employees' pants."