JK 5

Is it serious that she lives in one of Seoul's most expensive m² buildings? How? I remembered the tesla she drives. How does someone who's not so attached to work keep that life? Does she have a secret life? Is she involved in something illegal?

She lives on one of the higher floors too and is it a duplex? WTF? Impossible for her to keep this being marketing director. As soon as I open my mouth the doorman lets me up.

Strangely, my stomach is churning and I'm really nervous. Why am I feeling this way? I don't even feel that way in meetings. So many weird things are happening to me lately and I don't even know why.

I slowly exit the elevator, squeezing the wine bottle more tightly than necessary. I ring the doorbell and listen to the upbeat music until my mouth drops open when the door opens to reveal one of Korea's most famous models wearing nothing but pink silk pajamas.

"PIZZA HAS ARRIVED, dear God, I'm starving." she turns to me and has the same reaction "You're not the pizza delivery guy." She arches her eyebrows irritated.

"Lalisa Manoban?" I say still shocked. I look at the apartment number to make sure I hit it right.

"It's been a while since the penultimate collection, Jennie Kim" she laughs and hugs me. "CHU, YOU HAVE A VISIT!" she pulls me inside and closes the door.

"Finally, pizza!" I'm standing in the living room watching everything until I see Kim Jisoo appearing down a hallway, wearing only a really short black silk pajamas, she doesn't seem surprised to see me "Where's the pizza, Limario?" she passes me and goes to the kitchen, as if I wasn't there and I feel embarrassed all of a sudden.

"Where are your manners?" Lisa slaps her. "Your boss came here to talk to you!"

"Well, she hasn't been my boss for exactly" she looks at her watch "30 hours. I resigned, remember?" she laughs, she actually laughs, making me even more confused and shy.

"It doesn't matter, if she came here, she must want to talk to you." she pushes Jisoo into the living room.

"Let me guess" Jisoo approaches me "You came here to ask me to reconsider, right?" I just nod my head, unable to speak because I'm still in shock. "I'm sorry that you have wasted your time coming here, but I don't change my mind and don't go back on my decisions."

"JISOO!" Lisa yells at her "Listen at least what she has to say, don't be cruel." Jisoo rolls her eyes and sighs, watching me.

"What don't you ask me smiling that I don't do while I'm crying, my dear?" Jisoo turns to me "Follow me, please." I follow her down the hall to the third door on the right side, on the left side there are several photos and a staircase that should lead to the rooms. Why am I thinking about this? She opens the door to a small office, but warm and cozy. Jisoo leans against the table and folds her arms, then directs me to one of the chairs. "You can start your speech."

"I don't really know what to say. I had even thought of several things to say, but seeing how well you're now, I don't know." I hand her the bottle of wine.

"You brought me a bottle of wine to convince me?" She laughs and takes it, looking "It's the maknae's favorite."

"Maknae?" I say confused trying to look away from her legs that are sexier than usual.

"Oh, Lisa."

"Are you two together?" I say without thinking and she keeps staring at me. "Well, whatever. What do you want to get back?"

"Nothing." She shrugs and smiles.

"There must be something you want."

"What do you want, Jennie?" She looks at me with such intensity that I stop breathing automatically.

"I do-don't kno-know." stutter.

"You know, deep down inside, you know, but you're afraid to assume it." her smile gets bigger.

"Why are we talking about me? The focus here is you!" I say irritated.

"There's really nothing I want."

"Money? More freedom of schedule?"

"Jen, I don't want money and schedule is not a problem for me." She watches me with amusement and I try to ignore the good feeling I felt when she said Jen.

"We need you, the company's growth surprised me a lot during this time that you are ahead of the sector."

"We?" She arches an eyebrow. "Because your fiancee was very emphatic when she said she was more important in the growth of your company than I was, so why are you here?" I take a deep breath when I feel the needling.

"Sorry for Irene, she's impulsive and says things without thinking, the problem is that when she's jealous, she..."

"Wait, wait, jealous? Why?" she starts laughing out loud. "She's one of those controlling possessives, isn't she? I realized the moment I laid eyes on her the day of the interview."

"Yeah, that might be a way to define her."

"Your life must be hell, Miss Kim." she keeps laughing and wiping her tears. "I hope that someday you have the courage to get your freedom and peace back, you deserve it."

"What are you talking about?" I arch an eyebrow. Why does she seem to know me better than I do?

"I go to the office twice a week, according to your choice, the rest of the days I'll work from home and on those two days, I prefer not to meet your fiancée or even you." she says thoughtfully "Even in meetings, I want to avoid meeting you, unless it's extremely necessary, but if I meet your fiancée again and it's like yesterday, you can buy whatever vineyard it's, but I won't come back."

"Why do you want to avoid me?"

"From everything I said, did you only pay attention to it?"

"Answer me."

"You've already made it clear that we don't like each other and we don't get along, besides the fact that meeting you indicates having to deal with your fiancée, even though I admire and find your face sculpted by the gods, I prefer to be calm and in a good mood." I feel my cheeks heat up when I hear the compliment. "So twice a week at the company, I want an assistant to give you whatever you want to know and I don't want to see you or your fiancée. We have a deal?" she's so serious and I sigh.

"Yeah, we have a deal." I stand up and shake her hand.

"Great, I hope the pizza has arrived, I'm hungry. Come, you're more than welcome to have dinner with us." She pulls me by the hand.