JK 23

"That was a bad time choice." I say to Jongin as soon as he gets out of the car.

"Sorry, but the phone is really important for us to close the case." he sighs and hugs me. It's 11 pm and we're meeting in the Chanel parking lot, I was getting home when he called me and I had to go back to wait for him.

"There's something else I found that I thought was weird." I say as I take my phone out of my bag and hold it out to him.

"What's it?" He looks at me worried "Did someone threaten you or did you notice strange things?"

"Jisoo's apartment was totally messed up, except for the office. I found very suspicious."

"We needed an order to be able to search her apartment." he says thoughtfully.

"No, not really, I can take the key and give it to you, as long as you fix her apartment." He laughs when he hears me.

"Do you want to use us as janitors? That's it?"

"Everyone wins and it's the perfect excuse."

"You're cunning, Miss Kim." he has a teasing smile on his face.

"There's something else I found, a pen that I think is familiar, but I can't remember." I sigh and hand the plastic bag with the pen to him. Jongin's eyes widen.

"It's not a pen, it's a wire! Miss Kim, you should be proud, we're closer than ever."

"Were they watching Jisoo?" I put my hand under my chest when I felt a pain, like a twinge "Who?"

"I can't tell you yet, but soon you'll know." He's beaming "When I can get the keys, let me know I'll come get them. Let's do a search and a cleanup." He laughs and hugs me again.

"I'll try to remember where the key is and I'll bring it, this week I can deliver it to you, don't worry." I smile when he pulls away a little, still holding my shoulders.

"Jennie, we'll catch these bad guys thanks to you!" My smile widens as I listen to him as I think that Jisoo will finally be safe.

**********************************************

"Is everything okay, Jendeukie? I called you several times, but you didn't answer me." Jisoo hugs me tightly and I close my eyes. "I was so worried." She puts both hands on my face, looking at me with so much care and affection.

"It's amazing how you take care of me, you know?" I say softly and she watches me carefully.

"Are you okay?" she repeats as if I hadn't said anything and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, Chu, I'm fine. Nothing happened. Just a last minute meeting." Jisoo helps me out of my coat and overcoat.

"It's very cold outside, I don't like it when you stay up so late working." she mumbles behind me.

"It was for a good reason, I assure you." I wink at her and she gives me a soft smile.

"It really has to be, for you to be smiling like that." She laughs and my heart sinks. I feel like I'm cheating on her, even though I'm not. "What was your meeting about?" my mind is in panic.

"Huh, yeah... yeah..." I try to say, but I'm stuttering and Jisoo raises one of her eyebrows "Collection. About the new collection." I say after looking at one of the fashion magazines on the living room table. Jisoo just nods in agreement as she starts to walk towards the bedroom, but I pull her closer to me.

"What's it?" she yawns.

"Where are you going? I just got here, missed you today, let's eat popcorn and see a movie together." I shoot some strands of hair that fall on her face. Jisoo's beauty is so natural that it makes me breathless "That's what we had agreed."

"But our arrangement was 3 hours ago, Jendeukie." she sighs "I got tired of waiting for you and worried, my head started pounding." She says so softly that my heart sinks again. "I called so many people to find out where you were and no one knew, sorry, my energies are gone."

"Are you ready to go back to work tomorrow?"

"I think so, I hope that when I wake up, my head won't hurt anymore." she pouts and gives me a kiss on the cheek "Eat something before going to bed, you must be tired too. Good night, my mandu!"