JK 3

"Hyun?" I say as soon as I get home. Everything is so silent it feels abandoned. "Irene?"

"Kitchen." Her soft voice echoes and I throw my things on the floor before walking over to her.

"What are you doing?" I smile when I see her with her apron and a book in her hands.

"I just thought of creating something for us" she smiles and approaches me, giving me a soft kiss.

"I like when you're inspired." I stroke her cheek.

"How was your day?"

"Quiet, nothing too exciting." I take a deep breath trying to gather the courage to deal with her.

"But?" She says without looking at me.

"Rosie hired the chicken girl without consulting me, she starts tomorrow." I bite my bottom lip.

"Fire them." Irene says still not looking at me.

"What?" I don't think I heard right.

"Send them both away. How did Chaeyoung hire someone without your permission? She crossed all the lines, Jennie, as much as you like her and she's your best friend, you need to be firm. You're the damn CEO!"

"I can't fire her. She's the best in her field, one of Chanel's strongest points, you know if I sent her away I'd be walking a tightrope." I sigh and pull her into a hug.

"Then send the other one away!" she pushes me.

"Irene, she was just hired, how am I going to send her away? Don't you understand that this isn't a game and I can't play with people like that?" she crosses her arms and turns her face "Joohyun, I would never cheat on you, you know I love you, we're engaged!"

"I'll go to the company more often to see how it works." She gives me a sharp look and I sigh, I know I'll never win this debate, so I just nod my head.

*********

I'm putting all my efforts into keeping Kim Jisoo away, it's been three months of that and Irene seems satisfied. I'm thick and gruff and short with answers and she doesn't seem to mind. But I didn't miss how much her mood varies, as each day she comes to work wearing a different style outfit.

One day she comes in just a sweatshirt and jeans, another day she comes in sportswear and there are days when I think she's really in a good mood, she comes in like a real businesswoman. Secretly, I kind of envy the freedom she builds for herself. No one seems to control her and she doesn't seem to care about anyone, unlike me, who has to deal with Irene and my parents.

Irene and I had an argument over a trip she wants to take, but my schedule will be full and I can't change it, there are too many partnerships depending on these meetings and I can't afford to ignore them. It's obvious that Irene got angry and we had a fight, sometimes, that spoiled and selfish way of hers makes me so angry to the point of putting an end between us.

It's already 8pm when I realize I have to leave. I gather my things, already preparing to face Irene when I get home. Will I be able to handle a wedding if it's always like this? I lean my head against the elevator mirror and close my eyes waiting for it to get off, but stops somewhere.

The soft, floral scent invades the space and I open my eyes to see Kim Jisoo wearing an above-the-knee boot, skirt and long-sleeved black blouse. All Black. She's hot and sexy, really hot. She just looks at the button I pressed earlier and shrugs before going back to fiddling with her phone.

"Are you enjoying the company?" I say without even noticing. For some reason, I wanted to know how she was feeling. What's happening to me?

"Yes." She's short, I confess that this disappointed me a little.

"Is there anything I can do to improve your work?" She turns to me when hears me, her eyebrow arched as if trying to figure out what I was planning.

"Miss Kim, it's not because we're in the same elevator that you need to talk to me. I don't mind being silent, I prefer."

"Why?" I watch her with curiosity and she sighs.

"I don't care if you like me or not. I know you're closed and you don't like to open up to anyone" I'm surprised to hear it "We don't need to like each other to do a really good job, just as we don't need to force a conversation we both don't want to have just because we're sharing the elevator. If that's the case, next time I'll wait for you to come down and get another one."

"Why do you think I don't like you?" She laughs like I told the funniest joke in the world and doesn't say anything, just shakes her head before leaving the elevator, I follow her, I don't even know why "Look, I'm sorry if I was rude or..."

"You don't owe me satisfaction or explanation about anything. You're Jennie Kim, cool and stoic, the ice princess of the corporate world. It doesn't take a genius to know how you treat your employees." she smiles and then walks towards her car. My mouth drops open to see it's a Tesla. How does she have a Tesla being marketing director?

"Do you have a tesla? How?" I look from the car to her in confusion, she's about to speak when her phone rings.

"Oh, Chaengie, I'm almost there, I'm leaving the office now." She laughs, looking warm. Why does it bother me that Rosé is calling her? "Good evening, Miss Kim, until the next mandatory meeting." She waves before getting into the car.

I pick up my phone and call Rosé, by the noise, she's in some very busy bar because she's screaming into the phone. I get the address and get there a few minutes later. I'm looking for her when I see her waving at me and I walk over to her.

"What got into you to be here? Did you fight with Irene?" I just shake my head. "Don't worry, let's drink and have fun, forget about Irene for at least one night, Sooya is already coming with the drinks."

"Who?" I arch an eyebrow as I sit down beside her.

"Jisoo" she laughs "I forgot to tell you her nickname. Everyone calls her that in the company."

"Everyone? How did I not know that?"

"Here's our round." Jisoo appears, before her button-down shirt was fully closed, now there are at least two buttons open, showing her lap and I look away. "If I knew you were coming, I would have offered you a ride, boss." She smiles and hands me one of the drinks.

The night is smooth and fun, there are lots of people from work and after a few drinks, everyone is comfortable and laughing at Jisoo and Rosé. I notice them exchanging a few looks and I get annoyed. I can't understand why.

I call Irene, but her phone is turned off. Strange, she never does that. Are she that mad at me like that? I sigh and drink several different drinks until I reach a point where I'm not even tasting them anymore.

******************

I wake up with the sun warming my face and turn around in annoyance. I open my eyes slowly to get used to the light and realize that I'm in my room, alone. I roll over to the other side of the bed to see a glass of water, pills, and a note.

"Bonjour, my beautiful lady. You drank a little further and I brought you home, luckily, your girl wasn't here to kill us. Your hangover should hit you hard by the time you read those words, hydrate yourself, take your medicine and eat. I left pancakes ready on the stove, I don't know if they're your favorites, but that's what you have for today. ;) KJ"

Why am I smiling after reading this stupid note?