JK 15

"NINI, WHERE'S THE POPCORN?" I hear Lisa scream.

"ROSIE, I KNOW IT'S YOU ASKING IT!" I finish putting salt on the popcorn and walk towards the living room.

"I did nothing." she sticks her tongue out at me and I throw a popcorn at her.

"You're so mature." I sit down beside her and she takes the bowl from my hands. "Hey, calm down."

"I'm hungry, Nini." she pouts.

"Have you two already chosen what we're going to watch today?"

"LEEEEEEET IT GOOOOOOOO!" Lisa screams and I cover my ears with my hands.

"OK! CAN IT BE! SHUT HER MOUTH, ROSÉ!" she pulls Lisa and kisses her. I pretend I'm throwing up and they move away, laughing.

"You're so boring." the blond girl says and Lisa's phone starts ringing.

"It's Jin." she frowns in confusion and answers. My heart constricts and starts beating fast, not in a good way, but in a terrible way.

Lisa gets up and goes to the kitchen. After a few minutes, she returns to the living room. She's crying and sobbing very loudly.

Jisoo. I'm sure it's something Jisoo related. My breath catches for a few seconds and I get up from the couch.

"Lisa, what happened to Jisoo?"

"How do you know?" she says while Rosé stops beside me.

"I just know."

"Unnie was in a car accident and is in a coma." She says softly and my heart stops beating.

"Oh my God!" Rosie puts her hands over her mouth.

"What? When? Where's she? We need to go there!"

"They still don't know which hospital they will take her to, but Jin will let me know as soon as he know." she says while trying to hold back the tears and Rosie hugs her.

************************

Jin ended up calling Lisa the next day. It's been a week since everything happened and Jisoo's in a coma, but nobody knows details about what happened. I'm looking for Jisoo's room when I see Sunmi heading in the same direction as me.

"Hey, Jennie! What are you doing here?" she says as soon as she sees me, but gives me a soft smile.

"I heard what happened to Jisoo and I wanted to see her." She nods in agreement with me "And you?"

"I was in Japan on business, I had to advance everything to return to Seoul." she sighs "Do you know how she's?"

"No, I just know she's in a coma." I feel my throat close up "But why did you have to go back?"

"Jisoo and I were together." she says and I force a smile.

"Oh, I didn't know." so Jisoo went ahead, but what did I expect?

"Have you seen her?" Rosie appears out of nowhere, making me give a little cry of fright. "Hi, Sunmi!"

"Dear God, you scared me, Rosé?" I take a deep breath and Sunmi giggles.

"Come on" Rosie puts her arm through mine and pulls me to Jisoo's room.

Before entering, we need to show our IDs to a security guard at the door. He checks a list and lets us through.

My throat closes as I walk through the door and see her. Jisoo looks so pale. The face with bruises and scratches. Wires and machines everywhere.

I approach her bed and automatically take her hand. I take a deep breath to keep the tears from falling.

"Are any of you related to the patient?" a girl with fair skin and dark hair enters the room.

"I'm practically her girlfriend." Sunmi says and I grit my teeth facing them.

"Nice to meet you, unfortunately in a situation like this, you can call me Dr. Soojin." She gives a small smile.

"So how is she?" I interrupt them and the doctor turns some sheets on a clipboard.

"The situation is delicate. She had no serious internal injuries and no hemorrhages. As you can see, she has several scratches and bruises from the shattered car windows." she frowns "Two broken ribs, but our biggest concern is with your head."

"What happened?" Now it's Rosé's turn to ask.

"She suffered a severe blow to the head, until she woke up, we don't know the gravity of the situation."

"Do you have any predictions of when she will wake up?" Sunmi says worried and I roll my eyes.

"No, it can be now, tomorrow or years from now." the doctor sighs "We don't know. She has brain activity, but we don't know the exact reason for the coma. It can be a blow or a means of the brain to defend itself from possible strong loads of stress."

"Like what?" Rosie frowns.

"Think of the brain as a computer. Sometimes when it's hit hard, the computer shuts down, right?" we all nodded in agreement "But there are times when there is so much activity and functions being developed that the computer shuts down to protect itself from further damage. If she was going through a moment of high emotions, that might explain why she went into a coma. It was her brain's way of defending itself." I just keep looking at Jisoo while I hear the doctor's words. A twinge of guilt makes my stomach churn.

double chapter, many things are coming...

don't forget to vote, pls