KJ 8

She was as usual. Gorgeous. I takes so much effort to ignore her. Even though I love her, I can't force her to love me back, but that doesn't stop me from admiring her. I've been thinking about this for almost a week.

Jennie looked so tired and yet she was the personification of the goddess of love and beauty. At least for me.

"Wake up!" I feel Lisa shake me by the shoulders. "How was your meeting? You didn't tell me anything."

"Normal, I just congratulated them on the contract." I shrug and down the tequila shot.

"Which was only closed thanks to you." She raises her glass in order to celebrate and shakes her head in denial.

"Can we not talk about her? Jennie is making up her life and I'm not a part of her. The sooner I accept this, the better for me to get over it." I hold the bartender's wrist for him to leave the tequila bottle with us.

"She loves you, JiChu." Lisa sighs.

"Lisa."

"At least there's still hope for you two, Jennie can come after you, meanwhile, Chaeyoung just ignores me." She says with a tone so sad that my body freezes. The flashbacks flash through my mind and I shake my head to push the thought away.

"Lisa, go after your girl if that's what you want." I squeeze her shoulder "Knock on her door and say: DATE WITH ME ROSÉ BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!" She starts laughing when she hears me.

"Do you really think I should?"

"If that's what you want, yes."

"Are you sure you'll be fine without me?"

"Yeah, go get your girl, Limario." I raise the glass to her and she hugs me before leaving.

*******************

It's two in the afternoon when I wake up to the doorbell ringing insistently. Looks like I'm still so drunk. My brain is like a gelatinous paste.

I crawl down the hall as I trip over my own feet until I reach the door. I open it as I yawn and feel warm, soft, hungry lips moving over mine even before my yawn is gone.

I rest my hands on whoever's face and feel firm hands squeeze my waist. As the kiss starts to get more intense, the soft, floral scent invades my brain, making the gears work again.

My eyes snap open and I push her away from me as I try to clear my mind, put everything in its place before committing another blunder.

"Sunmi, have you lost your mind?" I take a few steps back. "What are you doing here?"

"You have no idea how happy I was to hear you were back." She closes the door and comes walking towards me.

"Back? What are you talking about?" Why is my mind on Jennie? I need to stop thinking about who doesn't want me. Karma's a bitch.

"Aren't you single?" She stops in front of me.

"Yes, but..." I start to say and she tries to kiss me again, but I turn away "Sunmi, what are you doing?" I hold her by the shoulders.

"I'm tired of wasting time." She says looking at my mouth "Sooya, I want you. I'm not charging you anything in return, just that you want me back. Do you want it or not?"

"Sunmi is all confused. You told me that day you liked me, now you're here saying you just want me, wanting nothing in return?" I raise my eyebrow watching her.

"Yes. I know it's no use trying to force feelings. I have to let them flow naturally, so that's what I'm proposing. Do you want it or not?" she stares back at me.

I thought before everything was flowing with Jennie, but it only flowed on my part. Why is my mind always remembering Jennie? Why do I have to miss her? Missing her being so clingy with me?

I would do anything I could to make myself forget about Jennie. I would give everything I have to get rid of this damned, one-sided feeling.

"Jisoo?" Sunmi's voice takes the focus off my private discussion.

"Yes."

"Did you hear what I said before?"

"Yes" I say and she sighs like I'm not taking any of this seriously.

"You seemed so far away..." she starts to say and I kiss her.

"Yes to your proposal to let the boat sail at its own speed, in this troubled river of feelings." I whisper with my mouth close to hers.

"After hearing you talking so poetic, who am I to resist?" She smiles before pulling me against her.

small chapter?