JK 25

"Jennie, come on, you need to shower and change." I hear a voice nearby, but I don't know who it's.

My tears have dried up or maybe I'm paralyzed. My mind is like a blank canvas, but I often relive the worst moment of my life.

It was supposed to be me in Jisoo's place, but that idiot had to play heroin and get in front of me, taking the three shots Seokjin fired.

One moment, Jisoo was beside me, and the next, I just heard gunfire and doors being forced open.

Sunmi's startled look that made me realize what had happened, even before Jisoo turned to me. Her gaze was worried until I saw the three holes in her shirt, soaking her shirt quickly.

Even bleeding, she kept making jokes just to make me laugh. Whenever I realize this, I start to cry again.

I think it's Irene who brings me home. I don't even notice where I'm, other than noticing the water in the bathtub turning red. I bend my knees and hug them. What am I going to do if Jisoo dies?

She's the love of my life. If I lose her, if I really lose her, I give up. What's the use of living if I don't have that smile to admire and those eyes to lose myself?

"KIM!" I hear Irene's voice, but I don't even bother to answer. She pulls me to my feet and turns me to her. I let out a breath and then the hard slap she gives my face stings. "STOP BEING USELESS!"

"Did you just slap me while I'm naked and in a bathtub full of water and blood? Bae Joohyun." I bring my hand up to my cheek, stroking it lightly.

"Stop that shit! Jisoo didn't sacrifice for you to become a paperweight." she shakes me and pulls me out of the tub, wrapping me in a towel.

"The love of my life is dying and you want me to celebrate? Have a party?"

"Jen, listen to me" she takes a deep breath "If the situation were the opposite, would you like Jisoo to just be crying? Or would you like her to fight and face everything with her head held high?"

"I need her, Joohyun" I start to cry again and hug her tightly "I need her, just like I need oxygen."

"Look at me" she takes my face in both hands and watches me carefully "If Jisoo has a chance to live, it's thanks to you! If you hadn't gotten into that car, Jisoo would have been dead because the police wouldn't have been able to track it. Think of it like this, Jennie. The scenario could be worse if you weren't there."

"How did they track it?" I arch an eyebrow in confusion.

"Officer Jongin put a tracker in your overcoat pocket when he made you go after Jisoo."

"Oh!" is all I can express as she drags me into the closet.

**********************************

When we reach the hospital, there are hundreds of reporters and cameras. Vultures. That's what they're.

"Miss Kim, do you already know what you are going to do with the patrimony that will be left for you?" someone screams and I stop walking.

"Wait, what?" I pull my wrist from Irene's hand.

"No comment, guys." Lisa appears and pulls me back. After we enter the room Jisoo has been assigned, Lisa falls onto the couch next to Rosé. Even though Jisoo is in the ICU, there's a room for her and the visitors, it's kind of weird seeing it that way.