KJ 13

Jennie looked so airy yesterday and so happy, like I hadn't seen her in a while. I always think she's hiding something from me, but she's been so loving and caring for me that I can't believe my paranoia.

It's impossible for me to believe that Jennie would be able to do something like that. Not after everything they say we've been through. Not after so many difficulties. She wouldn't be able to throw it all away for an adventure.

I refuse to believe that. Jennie and I are happy, we're in love. I've never felt this way with anyone before and I want to remind her of that every day for as long as I live. All I know is that I want to be with her, no matter what. I know she feels that way too, I see in her eyes as she gives me that gummy smile.

"Your coffee is getting cold, Jichu!" Lisa says and my mind seems to come back to the present.

"Sorry, Limario." I take a deep breath and take a sip of the coffee, letting go "IT'S HOT! I BURNED MY TONGUE!" I stick my tongue out as I watch Lisa laugh.

"EHEEEEEEEEEEE" she slaps the table and people are looking at us. I try to kick her but my foot doesn't reach her. I want to pout, but I can't do it either because my tongue is burning.

"I'll tell Jennie what you did to me." She stops laughing at the same moment and looks at me scared.

"Please Jichu, don't do this, I'm afraid of her. She's bad." She says softly and joins her hands, begging.

"Whatever" I roll my eyes "What were we talking about?"

"How is your first day on the job?"

"A shit. Dealing with Jin is always bad, you know that." I sigh and put a spoonful of pudding in my mouth.

"I thought he would be better after you had an accident." She looks at me confused.

"He was, but something has changed and I'm not sure what it's." I shrug "I don't care, I just go there, do my work and that's it. I don't even try so hard."

"That's your heritage, you shouldn't act like that, it's your heritage."

"It's not mine, I don't care. It's from Seokjin. My dad will probably give me the smallest share, which is what the law requires. I intend to sell what's mine and stay away."

"Isn't that too radical?" She looks at me worried.

"You know I don't like being around him and much less my father."

"Sooya! What a surprise to see you here!" I look up to find Sunmi smiling broadly at me.

"Sunmi!" I clear my throat and get up to hug her.

"You have no idea how much I missed you, Soo." she whispers in my ear and I raise an eyebrow at Lisa, asking for help.

"It's time for you to come back, Jichu, I don't want you to miss your work schedule because of me." Lisa gets up.

"Are you going to the company?" Sunmi walks away, watching me with curiosity and just nods "I'll go with you, I have a meeting there in a few minutes." She puts her arm through mine and I swallow hard. I hope Jennie doesn't kill me if she finds out about this.

************************************************

I've lost count of how many times I've checked my phone. It's 9 pm and Jennie hasn't shown up to pick me up. She's been working so hard lately that I'm starting to get worried about her health.

I call a taxi and when it's time to pay, I notice an envelope inside my bag that I don't remember ever seeing before. The driver has to call me three times to get my attention and I give him an apologetic smile.

There's something wrong with this envelope. I take a deep breath and lean against the elevator mirror before I see the contents, but as soon as I open it, my hands start to shake. There are pictures of Jennie with the same blonde man as before. They're from different days and different times, but the one that caught my attention the most was the day she said she had a last-minute meeting.

I can't breath. My throat is so tight it's like the world's oxygen is gone. The man has his hands on Jennie's shoulders and she's looking at him with such a bright look, such a big smile on her face.

As soon as I get off the elevator, I see the two of them at her office door. It's almost 10 pm and she's here with him, since she should have picked me up hours ago. Anger starts to spread through my body, mostly because I see he's holding one of Jennie's hands.

"Jisoo!" She gets scared when she sees me and jumps back.

"WOAH, Jennie, I worried that you're killing yourself with work and that's why you forgot to pick me up, but here we're. Here you are with..."

"No, that's not what you're thinking, Chu." Jennie looks desperate and approaches me, I take a few steps back.

"I'm surprised at your courage, Jennie."

"Jisoo, please listen to me." she starts to cry and he just looks at us, clearly confused.

"I don't want to hear anything, Jennie, I don't want to hear your voice anymore." I feel something warm on my cheek and I wipe away the lonely tear "I blamed myself so much for sleeping with Chaeyoung, but at least you and I were separated, but now we're together and you're doing it." I nod to the man.

"Jisoo, please, this is Jongin and..."

"Oh, do you think knowing his name changes anything? Do you really think it's better for me to know his name?" I raise my voice "In case it wasn't clear, just like last time, it's over, Jennie." I turn to head back to the elevator and feel Jennie pull me in, wrapping her arms around my neck, hugging me.

"Jisoo, please listen to me, it's all a big misunderstanding, let's talk and clarify everything." her voice is so choked and full of emotion. I thought my heart couldn't bleed anymore, but Jennie always proves me wrong when it comes to her.

"And why should I believe you or anything you want to tell me, Jennie?" I push her hard "You're a liar, you're just that." I throw the envelope with the pictures in it "You've been deceiving me all this time. I worried about your health, about you working too hard, only to find out your job is about him. Spare me your show, save your strength for who you've really been giving all your energy to." I enter the elevator and close the door quickly.

My heart is so racing and broken, I lean my head against the elevator panel and take a deep breath. I can't believe my life is messed up again, everything messing up again because of Jennie Kim. Damn the time I fell in love with her.

When I open my eyes, I feel a sharp twinge in my head. I just need to get to the car and sit down, that's all. Too strong emotions, that's what Soojin told me to avoid, but this time I couldn't follow your advice, Doc.

Yellow and black dots start to appear as I step out of the elevator and my mind seems to be spinning, the world seems to be spinning as I step out of the building. It's all so dark and empty on the avenue, it seems like the world has suddenly stopped.

"Jisoo." I hear a strangely familiar voice behind me, but with this intense pain in my mind I can't remember who it's. When I turn to face the person, everything goes dark.

4 chapters to the end 👀

don't forget to vote and check out my two new stories in english :)