JK 19

"You shouldn't do that." I sigh to see Jisoo running and pushing the stroller like a child.

"I'm having fun since you don't let me do anything." She mumbles, but stops running.

"Correction: I don't let you do anything your doctor told you not to do." I pinch her nose as she approaches.

"You two are boring, won't let me do anything." she pouts "LOOK, CEREAL!" she runs out and starts putting many boxes in the cart.

"You won't be able to eat all this, Jisoo."

"Are you challenging me, Kim?" She raises an eyebrow, teasing me.

"Only three boxes." I say as I read the label of one of the cereals.

"JEN!" she screams.

"If you say anything else, it will be two boxes." I look at her and she's angry. Jisoo takes the extra boxes out of the cart while mumbling something so low I can't even hear it.

I think she really wanted the cereal because the rest of the time is utterly silent. She just follows me as she pushes the cart and looks bored. We're in the queue, which is huge by the way, when I remember her and Sunmi breaking up days ago. Jisoo didn't say anything to me and I didn't want to let her know that I heard everything.

"So, Sunmi disappeared this week." I say while pretending to touch the phone. "How is she?"

"We broke up, but I don't know if she's okay or not. If you want, I can give you her number." She shrugs.

"Are you okay?" I look at her with curiosity.

"Why wouldn't I be?" she stares at me.

"Well, because you two were dating and broke up. You look grumpy and giving me hostile answers."

"I'm like this because of cereal and not because of Sunmi." She laughs.

"Do you care more about cereal than your relationship with her?"

"Yes, I didn't feel like I was in love with her."

"I thought it was, I was surprised when she told me you two were together." I say thoughtfully.

"Tell me something, Jen."

"Yeah?" I look at the cashier, we're next "What's wrong?"

"Did we ever have something?" My breath catches in my throat when I hear her.

"What do you mean?"

"Have we ever gotten romantically involved?"

"Why are you thinking that?"

"Next!" the cashier says and I thank for that.

We're just finishing shopping when a little girl, about 6 years old, walks by, hugging a green Toy Story alien plush. I automatically pout and hear Jisoo laugh.

"What?" I turn to her.

"You like?" she waves towards the child.

"Yes." I pout again and she laughs.

"Hey, where do I get one of that?" Jisoo talks to the cashier.

"There's a stuffed machine back there, next to the ice cream freezers." the girl says in complete confusion.

"When we're done here, I'll go get one for you."

"It's not necessary." I say when I feel my cheeks blush and I hear the girl laugh.

"You make such a cute couple." the cashier says and I feel that all my blood is in my cheeks and ears. Jisoo laughs in agreement.

"You look cuter when you're blushing like that." she pinches my cheek and pays for our purchases. "I'll get your stuffed, can you take the things to the car or do you want me to help you?"

"Can go." I swallow hard and she gives me such a radiant smile as she runs away that my heart is racing.

********************************

The ride home was quiet and comfortable, unlike what I'd imagined it would be. Jisoo ended up picking up 3 different sized plush toys and I felt like a child as I walked out cuddled with it all, getting curious looks, but Jisoo looked so light and at peace that she was even whistling.

When we arrive, she insists on coming up with everything and says my only duty is to take care of my new gifts.

I'm looking at the smallest one, which could be turned into a locksmith. Maybe if I put a little chain and...

"Jen, can you teach me where to put each product? I know you like everything organized." Jisoo approaches me and I look up to notice she's right in front of me.

"You can let me keep it, you already paid and brought it here." I clear my throat and look away. I don't know why, but her gaze is so intense and with a different glow.

"Don't worry, I like to help and feel useful in some way, besides, I like it and I want to spend more time with you." She says softly and the tone in her cheeks is slightly pink when I look back at her.

"Why?" My heart is racing and my hands are sweaty. Kim Jisoo, why do you do this to me?

"I don't know, I just like. Just as I liked seeing the smile that was on your face when I handed you the toys." Her look is so affectionate that I think I'm melting inside "I want to do this always."

"This what? Catch stuffed animals?" I should win a medal because my voice so far has not failed, while everything inside me is in chaos.

"Nah, Jen" she laughs and rolls her eyes, leaning closer to me "Do whatever it takes to see you smile. That smile of yours is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, I'm surrendered for it."

Seconds later, she closes her eyes and puts her hand to her head, letting out a low moan of pain. I toss the toy on the counter and place a hand on her chin, pulling her face.

"Chu, what is it? What are you feeling?" I feel her quickened breathing and see that her chest is rising and falling fast. "Let's go to the hospital, I'll call Dr. Soojin."

"No, no." I feel her take my hand. Her hand is so warm and soft "I'm fine. Sometimes I feel it and a kind of flash of memory pops into my mind."

"Are you remembering everything?" I look at her with wide eyes.

"I don't know, sometimes I think it's like dreams, other times it seems so real, like this one now, but it was so fast that I remember few things."

"Like what?" I bite my bottom lip.

"A dining table, spaghetti." she scratches the back of her neck and looks back at me, but her gaze drops to my mouth and she rests her hand on my cheek "Don't bite so hard, Jen, I don't want you to get hurt."

"Oh, I didn't realize I was doing it." I say softly. Jisoo's gaze is dark and bright, almost like desire. I run my tongue over my lips and notice the desire is alive in her eyes now.

"Jen, I..." she starts to say, but now she's staring at me the same way she always did before she kissed me. I swallow hard as I realize how hot her hand is. It's like my cheek is being burned in a good way.

"What?" I whisper softly and her breathing quickens.

"EHEEEEEEE! WHERE ARE YOU TWO?" Lisa's voice coming from the room startles Jisoo and she walks away. I mentally curse Lisa and sigh as I see that Jisoo is now focused on getting the groceries out of the bags.

hey, we're towards the end of the story, 

hope you're enjoying it and 

check out my new Jensoo story in eng: "Whipped"