KJ 14

Jin nods and two men, tall and strong, enter the room, pulling Jennie and me along, but first they handcuff us and all I can do is worry about Jennie.

"What a stupid joke is this, Seokjin?" the men pull us, following Jin through some corridors until he enters a huge library that is empty, except for my father who's standing, looking at Jennie, surprise clearly stamped on his face, and accompanied by Sunmi.

"Jennie Kim?" he says confused.

"She decided to follow along, Jisoo." Jin shrugs "If she wants to end like this, there's nothing we can do."

"Anyone want to explain to me what the fuck is going on?" I change the tone of voice and the three look at me.

"You weren't supposed to be alive, Jisoo." my father says and I frown.

"It took so much trouble to tamper with the car's brakes so that no one would suspect, but you seem to have very good luck, at least so far." Jin sighs and hugs Sunmi.

"Why? You're my brother, what did I do to make you want to kill me?"

"You two are not biological brothers." my father says "And I'm not your biological father."

"What!?" Jennie and I say together.

"I was in love with your mother, Jisoo, and you look so much like her." he approaches me "But she made the biggest mistake of her life, which was choosing your father over me" he says angrily and holds my chin tightly "Your father always insisted on being bigger than me, of humiliating me, of bragging and that made me so angry until they died in a car accident." he gives a disgusting smile "As I was your only close family, I became your legal guardian and administrator of all your inheritance until you reached the age of majority. So I made sure to pay and get rid of any record of your parents. No one would talk about them and you would never find out the truth."

"Where does he get into this story?" I shoot a look at Seokjin who looks bored.

"I changed your testament, Jisoo. I made you sign a waiver saying you agreed to share your assets with Seokjin, nothing fairer, don't you think? Since I was being the father you didn't have."

"You did a terrible job, I'm sorry to inform you." I give a wry smile and feel the slap heat my cheek.

"Everything was going well, but you're just like your father. It started to aggrandize yourself and make less of my son" he says with his eyes blazing with hatred "Your arrogance, your desire to humiliate people is something you can't control. You step over anyone to always be the greatest."

"He's useless, what can I do?" I barely finish saying and I feel another slap.

"Jisoo!" Jennie looks at me so worried and I give her a weak smile until one of the bouncers approaches, pulling her further away from me.

"So, I found out that your mother had made an investment in your name, millionaire, which has been paying off all this time, and that you or whoever will keep your inheritance, will receive it on your next birthday."

"What you want?" I take a deep breath and my gaze is on Jennie. "Let me rephrase, what do you want to leave Jennie out of this?" they start laughing.

"It's not gonna happen, sis." Seokjin says.

"Listen to me" take a deep breath "You'll kill me with one shot, right?" he seems surprised to hear me "The police will try to track the bullet, sooner or later, they will find you. I have an offer to make, in exchange for Jennie's freedom."

"Jisoo, no. Shut your mouth!" She's crying.

"Sorry, Jennie, but you will always be my priority."

"Show your cards, Kim Jisoo." Seokjin approaches me.

"I write a suicide letter and leave my prints on the gun so no one will incriminate you, but you have to let Jennie free. She's going to go back to her life and go on normally." My throat closes and starts to burn.

"JISOO! STOP TALKING BULLSHIT." she somehow manages to free herself from the security guard's hands and runs to me "Don't be stupid, for once, stop with this. I would never go back to having a normal life if you weren't in it." Even in handcuffs, she puts her hands on my face.

"They are so dumb that they would rather die because of this stupid love." Sunmi rolls her eyes and Seokjin laughs.

"That's because Jisoo has always prided herself on being so smart." He rolls his eyes and puts a glove on his hand, pulling out his gun then pointing at me. "Convince her to keep quiet or we'll have to set up the theater that you killed each other for love. That's very Romeo and Juliet, isn't it?"

"Finish this soon, I'll wait for you in the car." my supposed uncle watches me before leaving "I hope you find your father in hell." I grit my teeth when I hear him.

Most of the security guards accompany the old man and I watch until they walk out the door we entered. This was definitely not the end of life I planned for me.

I'm about to turn around to try to convince Jennie when sirens blare approaching and Seokjin points his gun at Jennie.

"If I don't get away with my life, you won't live with your love either, little cousin." he says angrily as he steps back, accompanied by Sunmi.

"Kim Seokjin, the house is surrounded. Drop whatever is in your hands and put them behind your head!"

"Jongin." Jennie says softly and I arch an eyebrow at her.

"I JUST GET OUT OF HERE DEAD!" he screams and I get scared.

Everything happens so fast. The door behind us bursts open and Jin's eyes widen.

He shifts his gaze to me and the brief moment our eyes meet, all I can see is hate. His gaze is on Jennie and when I see him raise the gun, everything is a blur.

And then there's the loud, clear noise of the shot. I don't know how, but it feels like seconds later, I'm seeing three police officers throw Seokjin to the ground and take the gun out of his hands.

"Jennie?" I turn to see if she's safe and she's crying "Jendeukie?"

"Jisoo, you're such an idiot." she points to my stomach and before I lower my head to look, my legs seem to turn to jelly and I'm falling. "Chu! You can't die." she sits on the floor and pulls me into her lap.

"I won't die, Jendeukie. Remember I said I wouldn't leave you?" I smile weakly and feel my blouse stick to my skin. I press my fingers to my stomach and when I put my hands up, everything is so red. "I'm becoming one of Ben 10's monsters, Jendeukie."

"Chu!" she laughs and cries at the same time as she hugs me. "Stay awake, please don't sleep, soon help arrives."

"I don't need help, Jen, it's okay." I hold her hands and squeeze as hard as I can "I love you, I'll always love you. I don't regret anything and none of my choices because they made me come to you."

"Stop saying goodbye to me! Stop saying these things. You're not going to die! Kim Jisoo, I forbid you to die!" her tears fall on my cheek.

"It will be an honor to die looking at you." I try to lift my hands to squeeze her cheek, but I can't. "Where's my mandu's gummy smile?" My voice drops a few tones and I try to take a deep breath, but I start to cough and something wet comes out, but I can't identify what it's.

"No, no, no, my Chu!" Jennie hugs me and I close my eyes at her scent.