fourteen

CLARKE'S POV-

" Hi." I say, opening my eyes to an empty bed. I move my arm along my bed, feeling nothing. I sit up, taking a breath. He's gone.
I really didn't expect him to stay long, but I was still hoping he might still be holding me when I woke up.

We decided to remain friends, not to make anything complicated or awkward, and just be each other's do-over. So basically, we're the same thing as before, "friends." Except the only difference now, is there's feelings involved and they're on the table.

I pick up my phone, calling his number. It rings and rings, taking me to voicemail. I leave a message," Hey, uhm, you, I know this is a little weird and don't think I'm clingy or anything, just thanks for last night and listening to me, and being there, it meant a lot to me..."

Okay scratch that, how do you delete a voicemail?

Voice Message Sent

Oh shoot, no, come back, message!

I call again, his voicemail returning again. I leave another message," Hey, sorry about that last message, I was trying to delete it but it just sent! Anyways, yeah, just thanks for last night!"

No, no, don't say that, that sounds dirty. Okay, let's delete this one now, just press one.

Voice Message Sent

Not again! What's with this phone?

I begin to call again and make another voicemail, but my phone starts ringing itself. A number pops up, instantly recognizing it as Bellamy's. I smile, and answer," Hey."

" Your voicemails are cute." He says with a laugh.

" Oh! You heard them?" I whine.

He laughs," What do you say we get lunch?"

" I'd love to, but I have to help my Aunt with some errands and we're going to bond a little bit."

" That's good, I'll call you later then."

" Okay, yeah, you call me." I say with a laugh.

" You better answer, I'm not as clever with voicemails as you are."

I laugh," Oh shut up!"

He laughs with me," Okay, talk to you later."

" Maybe I'll drop by the café."

" They have hot bakers in the back, you should check 'em out." He says with a laugh, boosting his ego.

" That blonde trainee they had the other day is pretty cute, if I do say so myself."

He laughs," I have to agree, she's quite funny too."

" Is she?"

" Yeah, and I miss her too."

" Bellamy..." My heart flutters.

" Just feels good to be wanted."

" Feels good to be cared about."

" I'll call you."

" Leave a voice message after the beep."

He laughs, and I hang up.

What am I getting myself into with this guy?

*** A/N

Okay so we're still going up with these two, but this never lasts, so don't get bored

ILY ALL XOXO thanks for soo many reads! It means a lot (-:

Vote, comment, and follow me!

LOOONG post tomorrow cause it's Saturday!