twenty

chapter dedicated to; PaigeGMac , you're the sweetest (-;

BELLAMY'S POV-

At the end of a long and exhausting school day, I wait for Clarke by the gym doors, where I know she'll head to for cheer practice. She steered clear of me all day, ignoring my calls in the hall, and leaving class early, escaping our conversation. She has every right to be hurt again. She's afraid, and it doesn't help my history with Raven getting in the way of that.

She walks passed with a few cheerleaders, laughing. We make eye contact and I start to walk towards her. She passes with a short smile and continues with her friends. I stand there against the wall, I definitely screwed up.

Studying, homework and college papers later, I lay awake at night thinking of Clarke.

I call her, recieving voicemail. After the computer voice gives me the beep," Clarke, please call me back, I want to hear your voice. I miss you."

I wait a couple more minutes before calling again. She answers, quietly," Hi."

" Did you come to see me last night?"

" I don't know what you're talking about." She says casually.

" Clarke, I know you saw Raven and I."

" What?" She says with a more shocked emotion.

" Raven came to the café last night and she needed me, I saw you outside the window."

" I was in bed, Bellamy." Clarke sighs.

" You didn't see..."

" No, I wasn't there." She breathes, holding in a cry.

" You avoided me at school, I figured it was because you saw us..."

" I did. Just across the hall from my locker. You were holding her, rubbing her back while she played with the strings on your sweatshirt. I did see, but not you two at the café. The list just goes on with you two, doesn't it?"

" Clarke, it's not what you think it was."

" And what did I think it was, Bellamy?"

I sigh," I don't know."

" I can't let you keep leading me on, or leading Raven on. And if there's any reason you need to pick, pick her."

" Clarke, I need you to trust me and believe me when I say my heart is with you." I say frantically before she hangs up on me. She's so stubborn, she probably will.

She's quiet for a while.

" Ever since I met you and we started getting close, a part of me feels you were just waiting for the chance to push me away."

" Oh, great, you kiss and consol Raven, again and again, and I'm pushing you away."

" Clarke, I care about you so much. Okay? I don't know how else to say it."

" How about how you show it? I'm not pushing you away, Bellamy, I'm holding on with all I got. But I need you to need me back. Okay? Why wouldn't you tell me about your history with Raven, and why didn't you tell me about your nightmare? And why won't you ever just let me in, I'm trying with you. I'm trying. I'm trying, Bellamy."

" I know, god, I know-"

"-I can't do this anymore. Whatever this is."

" Don't say that-"

"-Bellamy. I don't have the time and I don't have the strength to continue with us."

" The scariest part about letting you in, is you could take one look inside and never come back."

" That's my decision to make, isn't it? But sometimes I have to forget what I feel and remember what I deserve. I'm sorry."

" Okay." I say, holding in a cry myself. She is giving up on me.

" I'm going to the wedding with my Aunt and her date, and at school, if anyone asks, I'll just tell them we both moved on. When people all stare I'll pretend that I don't hear them talk. Whenever I see you, I'll swallow my pride and bite my tongue, pretend I'm okay with it all. Act like there's nothing wrong. I hope you do the same, and that you don't cause a scene." She says deeply. God, she has a way with words.

" Clarke?"

" Yeah?"

" I'm here. Always."

" I am too." She says lightly, hanging up after a growing silence. I smash my phone against the wall. I like her. Damn. I really like her. I never knew what love was, or even if it actually exists, but I never felt this way before.

*** A/N

Honestly these two care about the other waaaay too much, makes for a good love story though

I pre-writed a lot last night (I was up till 3AM, just typing typing typing!) And you'll love the next few chapters!

Anyone have any characters they want included or to just see in this story? (Don't say Lexa, it ain't happening) Any storylines you want? I'm just getting ideas

ILY ALL XOXO Thank you for the official 4k reads, literally insane!
Vote, Comment, and Follow me! (-;