twenty-four

BELLAMY'S POV-

Octavia rolls her eyes at me and crosses her arms," Don't be pathetic, Bellamy, she's testing you."

" What's that mean?"

She groans," She's seeing how serious you're willing to get, like meeting the family, before she really gives herself to you."

" I'm going to say I can't go, I'm not ready for a formal dinner."

" I'm telling Mom!"

" For dating a college guy, you're still pretty childish. And Mom is still working anyways."

" Then another night, re-schedule for Friday night!"

" There's that basketball and cheerleading banquet, remember?"

She smiles and sits up," Oh yeah, that's going to be so fun. Did Clarke ask you to be her date?"

" No."

She sighs," Everyone is allowed to bring a date."

I cross my arms," I'm sure she'll ask me later."

" Yeah, don't worry about it, okay, see you." She taps on my back, rushing off.

I shut my locker, walking off to make it to class on time.

CLARKE'S POV-

I close my locker, and jump; startled by Finn standing right there. He smiles," Sorry didn't mean to scare you."

I laugh, holding my chest," That's okay, what's up?"

We slowly walk off down the hall to class.

" I wanted to ask you something." He says hesitantly.

" Sure."

" Do you want to go to the basketball banquet together? As friends of course, unless you're planning on going with Bellamy, or if you already asked him, sorry, I feel like an idiot right now."

I laugh, holding his arm," Calm down, Finn. I'd loved to go with you, as friends. I thought you were planning on asking Raven?"

He shrugs," I'm starting to think maybe we're not all that meant to be."

" What happened?"

" She's still into Bellamy," He looks at me after he says that," sorry."

I shake my head," It's fine, I know."

" I want to have a good time, and I don't want her to hold me back, and I know she'll be there."

I nod," We'll have a great time! Listen, I have to get going, but I'll talk to you later?"

He nods," Yeah, of course."

" Maybe we'll have a matching color scheme?"

He shrugs," Yeah, okay."

" Blue ruffles?"

His eyes widen," Ehh, let's not go that far."

I laugh," Okay, bye Finn."

" See ya."

BELLAMY'S POV-

After school, I wait on my car for Clarke to meet me since she has no cheerleading practice today.

She pulls on the door handle, and gets in. I kiss her passionately on the lips, and when she pulls away she has a wide-eyed smile. Clarke laughs," That was a nice greeting."

" I can't make it to dinner tonight." I blurt out.

" Oh? Okay, that's fine." She says with a smile, squeezing my hand.

" And I was wondering why you haven't asked me to be your date to the banquet? I mean we've talked about it, and I hope it's not because I'm not ready to be serious yet."

She shakes her head," What?"

" You're my first almost girlfriend, like ever, and I hope that doesn't scare you."

She shakes her head again," No, it doesn't scare me at all, I trust you, Bellamy. What's this about how you're not ready to be serious?"

" Dinner with your Aunt, it's just a test, isn't it?" I say, almost accusing her.

" It's not a test at all, why would you say that?"

I shake my head, annoyed.

" Finn asked me to go to the banquet, as friends. But if you should know, I was planning on asking you, and I was a little nervous because it's a public date for us and that scares me."

Octavia hops into the back," Hey, what's up guys?!"

I glance at her and then back at Clarke. She has angry eyes and a sad expression. I reach for her hand but she pulls away, grabbing the door handle," Forget it. Bye Octavia."

Octavia frowns," Bye..." Clarke exits the car and she walks down the parking lot back towards the school. " What'd I miss?"

*** A/N

This story is one of my favorite that I've ever written and I feel like I say that after every story but, these two are so funny

Sorry it's kinda late, TONS of tests this week before spring break next week! I'm so excited for my trip to Chicago on Saturday, four days away! I'll try to pre-write, like I said, but I don't know yet!

Anyways, ILY ALL XOXO