forty-three

CLARKE'S POV-

We sit in Willa's car, Dean's house just a few feet away across a dead grass lawn, rocky sidewalk, and the sketchy worn down "house" stays. The broken mailbox, practically collapsing with unopened envelopes and cards. Flyers and signs hang on the front door, probably meaning it isn't exactly a home to anyone. Just a creepy old crashpad.

Willa breathes," Why exactly are we here?"

" This is Dean's house. And I need to speak to him."

" Clarke, leaving my car doesn't seem like a good idea, come on I'm taking you home."

I unlock the door, quickly getting out," I'll be fine, I promise. Just lock your doors and I'll be five minutes. Tops."

" Clarke, get in the car."

" Call for help if I'm not back in ten minutes."

" CLARKE!" She screams as I turn and walk up to the house. I peer inside, seeing pizza boxes, empty beer bottles and cans everywhere, and a sleeping bag on the floor. I pry the door open, squeezing through the mess to get in.

I look around at the random receipts scattered around, I dig through the sleeping bag, and I find a laptop. I sit on the couch, looking around first. I set it in my lap, opening the screen, revealing a picture of me; smiling. I click on a file that says: Photos

I scan through, finding endless random pictures of me, and another similar looking girl. Candice?

I jump, and I feel goosebumps rising on my arms. I get a cool chill of air come from nowhere.

" Hi, Clarke."

I stand up, quickly closing the laptop and setting it down next to me," Dean."

" How'd you get in here?" He asks, pacing around the room.

" Uh..the-the door was o-open."

He crooks his head," You seem-off, can I get you some water?"

" Uh, yeah, sure thanks."

He smiles, walking into the other room. I pull my phone out of my pocket, texting Willa a quick: SOS

He walks back in with a glass of water," I apologize for the mess, I've been really off with cleaning." He hands me the water, and I just casually hold it. Afraid to take another sip.

I fake a laugh," Oh that's fine, sorry for just barging in, I don't know where my manners are."

" You're welcome anytime. Clarke."

I smile," I have to go, I shouldn't be here..."

" It's because of Bellamy, isn't it? He doesn't like me. You have a short leash with him, do you like that?"

I stand awkwardly away, he walks towards the door.

" Is that him outside? Waiting for you?"

" No, no that's Willa."

" Oh. Tell her I said hi, when you get the chance." He turns to me with a smile, locking the door.

" Dean? What are you doing?"

" Clarke, ever since we met, it's love at first sight, how do you not get that?" His tone rises, and his hands clench at his side.

I swallow nervously, glancing around for an escape.

" I'm inlove with you, Clarke. I want to be with you! I want to make you happy! Clarke." He steps closer, and I start to step away further.

I stumble on some trash and fall back," Dean, you're acting strange."

" At first, coming here was about Bellamy. Did you know that? Clarke? Did he tell you?"

" W-what?"

He laughs," Guess he forgot that. You were actually a target of mine. You're an easy target, you know that? As caring and thoughtful as you are, you practically just fell into my lap." I fall back, and he lunges for me.

I scream," Help!"

He pulls me onto his lip, forcing his hand tightly over my mouth," He doesn't deserve you, CLARKE. I do. I deserve you."

I moan as loud as possible.

" You're beautiful, Clarke. Your eyes, your smile, your laugh. It makes me go crazy."

I cry, trying to rustle out from under his strong arms.

" You know who you remind me of, Clarke? My sister. Perks of you being a target of mine. Candice, she was taken WAY too early from this world, Clarke. And you, you look just-just like her. Like the world is playing tricks on me." His head rubs itself against mine, as if he's trying to comfort me.

I push him off, in his vulnerable stage. I run into the kitchen, slamming the door, and locking it.

" I'm calling the cops!" I scream.

" You left your phone. Clarke. Makes that a little hard, doesn't it?" He pounds on the door, and I take off in a run out the patio door. Fenced in. Completely.

I hear a pounding noise from inside, as I struggle to climb the fence.

He walks onto the porch, a huge smile on his face," Candice loved the outdoors."

" What do you want?" I scream.

" You." He takes off into a run towards me, grasping onto something in his pocket. A gun.

" Dean. Think about how crazy this is! You can't replace her!"

He grabs my hands and pushes me to the ground. He strokes my cheek, taking a piece of my hair and smiling.

I cry, breathing heavily.

Suddenly, a figure forces Dean over, smacking him with something hard. Willa. She holds a broken lamp in her hand. He gets up, and I struggle to run off with Willa. He pulls out his gun, and I hear the blow. Willa, falls over, a small gasp falling from her lips.
Then my ankle is hit, and I loose balance. We're close to the back door, so I slowly rise up, pulling Willa into the house. My last glance at Dean, he was on his knees at the back of the yard.
If I can just pull Willa and I into the other room, we can hide until someone comes to help.

*** A/N

Betcha didn't see anything like this happening??

what a fun chapter

thank you for 14k+ reads, WOW!!

Happy Easter (if you celebrate it) It's passed 12AM here so technically Easter is today! & that's why I'm posting now, because I have school on Monday (Ew) & I'm going to a family party, but I LOOK SO FORWARD TO YOUR COMMENTS...omg please don't hate me

ILY ALL XOXO SERIOUSLY, I.LOVE.YOU.