twenty-nine

CLARKE'S POV-

I hop around the kitchen, my cast making it hard. Never thought making a sandwich would be so difficult. I'm home alone, and Aunt Kim isn't here to help me out in any way.

I grab the jar of pickles, grasping the top to wind it open. It's stuck.

" What the hell, open up, pickles!" I scream, and groan.

" New nickname?" My eyes shoot up, meeting those brown eyes I ache for. I drop the pickles, the jar shattering across the floor.

He moves to me quickly," Don't move." Bellamy swivels around to step around the glass, his arms pick me up, and he sets me on the counter. " Where's a mop? Or broom?"

" Bellamy, what are you doing here?"

" We'll talk when I clean up the glass, where's the broom?"

" Uhh, laundry room right down the hall."

After finally cleaning up the glass, he lets me off the counter, where I stand only a few inches from him. He peers down at me, and I stare up at him. His finger runs under my chin, and he leans foward. Once his lips linger in the empty space and they brush up against mine, I push him away. I lean for my crutches, going to the living room.

Bellamy follows," Kim wanted me to watch you while she was out." He sighs.

" Great, looks like you're my babysitter."

" Are you really still mad at me?"

" What happened to letting me go? Huh?" I yell at him.

He breathes, and his shoulders slump," You heard me."

" I heard the whole thing."

" You were awake? You pretended to be asleep?"

" You woke me when you moved a piece of my hair. Be more gentle next time."

He smirks," I'm sorry."

I hide a laugh," Whether I'm conscience or not, it's not fair of you to say those things to me. It's really not fair."

He runs his fingers through his hair," I didn't know you were listening."

" God, I shouldn't be surprised. It's not fair. You just make things so hard."

" I make things hard? I do remember we were dating, not-dating, un-official, no title-"

"-You're giving me a headache."

He laughs," Good."

" I don't need to be watched."

" Clearly you do." He says pointing at the kitchen.

" You scared me."

" You need me, admit it."

" You need me, admit it." I repeat.

He holds out his hands," Yeah, I need you, Clarke, but you already know that. I need you in my life, you're a good influence on me. You saw me at my worst when you met me, and still, you stuck around."

" Not by choice, you never left me alone."

He laughs," You're so stubborn."

" But you love me for it, remember?"

" You were suppose to be asleep."

I shrug, crossing my arms," I need to rest."

" She needs to sleep to get over this concussion." My Aunt Kim walks in, dropping brown paper bags of groceries onto the table.

Bellamy offers," Let me help you."

Kim nods," Thanks for covering for me. Glad you two had the chance to talk."

Bellamy nods," Me too."

Kim laughs," You two are hysterical, though. Still denying your love for each other?" I look at Bellamy, who glances at me before looking up at the ceiling.
Kim nods," Alright, guess not. Bellamy, stay here, and I'll go get your prescription, Clarke."

I patted the couch next to me while Kim left. I'll never admit, but I'm glad she's doing this.

*** A/N

Part one, morning update! I'll post the rest later! (-;

ily xoxo
7K!!! WOOOWZA! (Maybe I'll add a selfie with the next post so y'all know what I look like!?)
Or I could also do a little Q/A, if you're interested?? (I could post a Q/A chapter about the book, or myself, advice etc while I'm on vacation)
Let me know what you lovelys think (-;