Ch. 5- Summer Lovin'

2011

"What are the two rules, Y/N?" My dad asks me as he and my mother slip their shoes on and are about to head out.

"Feed Cambria and make sure the house looks just how you left it when you and mom get back!"

It's Friday afternoon and my parents are heading to their vacation home in Lake Tahoe, yet again. They like to go there as much as possible, and so far over the summer, they've been going every other weekend because of the nice weather. My dad likes to take the boat out so that's where they go off to, leaving the house all to myself most weekends.

My dad could care less about me throwing kick-backs or parties at the house, just so long as I clean after it, feed the dog, and the obvious rule that isn't spoken of but expected- make sure no one gets hurt.

Also, my progressive mother already had the talk with me and made sure I was on birth control because, as she said, I need to focus on my career first and a baby would only get in the way if I have one too soon. She said she can try to instill abstinence onto me until she's blue in the face. But, she said that it's always better to be on the safe side. She knows Jin is over all the time when they're out of town and, well, she just wants to make sure I take all the precautions, which I really do appreciate.

It's not like I'm sexually active, and Jin and I have just discovered our attraction for one another not too long ago.

Jin and I have been exploring each other's bodies. I know he's already lost his virginity in high school, but he hasn't tried to rush it with me. The furthest we've gone is us giving each other oral, but nothing beyond that.

I feel like I'm ready for more, now.

It's been two weeks since school has let out for the summer and some of my friends already made it back from their colleges. The last ones to arrive are Jenna, who came home late last night, and Becca, who made it back from Rhode Island this morning.

I decided to throw a little party to really kick off the summer since all my closest friends are officially back. I told them all to invite friends to make it more fun. I'm not much for parties but I thought since we've all been apart, it makes sense to throw one.

~

It's now a little past 8pm. I'm in the backyard sitting on a patio chair with Jenna and Layla smoking next to me and Becca, the non-smokers. We are sitting close enough to the beer pong table to watch Jin and Yoongi go against Jin's friends, Brad and Jace. 

There's still a bit of a distance from where we are sitting and where the guys are playing that girl talk commences. They can't really hear us since people are crowded a little bit around them and there are others roaming around, adding to the noise.

"So, Y/N...how's it going with you and Jin?" Layla questions me.

"It's going," I try to say, nonchalantly.

"Oh come on, we are going to need more than that!" Jenna presses me.

"Well, we've been fooling around a lot lately—" I start to say, but Becca cuts me off.

"No way! It's finally happened?! About fucking time!" She says cheerfully.

"Did everyone sense something between Jin and I except me?" I ask, looking at each of them.