Ch. 6- Autumn Leaves

2011

I'm sitting in my little cozy window seat alcove as I read a chapter of a book for my philosophy class.  

It's a Saturday night and I chose to stay home. Ally and Phoebe tried to drag me out to this local pop punk show where a little costume contest is also being thrown since Halloween is in a couple weeks- my favorite holiday. I was tempted, but I wasn't in the mood to be around a crowd and conversing with different people didn't seem appealing to me at the moment.

Also, I've been a bit down lately. Both Jin and I have been busy with school and we also both picked up part-time jobs, me over the summer as a filing clerk and him about a month ago at a restaurant.

Because of our hectic schedules, Jin and I don't see each other as often. But, not only that, I feel like he's been slightly distant, though I try to not think about that.

The biggest issue I have is that I have no idea what Jin and I are. We never discussed where we both stand nor have we come close to defining what we are to each other. And, it's honestly leaving me utterly frustrated.

I think I'm starting to fall for Jin and it's breaking me that I feel like he doesn't quite reciprocate my feelings. I don't know how to bring it up but there never seems to be the right moment.

I thought everything was going well the past few months since we kissed. After we slept together, we were inseparable. We were as close as ever and we couldn't get our hands off each other. We would have sex that was rough but also sex that was beyond passionate. Sometimes, we would just cuddle in my bed, his bed in his family home, or in his dorm room and we'd talk for hours about anything and everything. I just loved being around him. He made me feel things I never thought I'd feel.

Then, when school started back up for our sophomore year, we saw less of each other because of our conflicting schedules. But, it's not just that we're busy. I sense something about him lately that I can't quite put my finger on.

So, everything was going well, until recently, and now I'm having my doubts.

While thoughts of Jin keep me distracted from focusing on my philosophy book, my phone lights up and buzzes beside me. I see Jin's name flash on my screen so I pick it up.

Y/N:
"Hey, Jin. Are you already at your friend's party?"

Jin:
"Yes, but it's kind of a bust. What are you up to?"

Y/N:
"I was going to go out to a show with Phoebe and Ally but I really didn't feel like going out in the end, so I'm just home, reading."

Jin:
"Do you maybe want some company?"

Y/N:
"Well, my parents are in Lake Tahoe this weekend since they wanted to do some maintenance around the house, there. I am alone, so company would be nice."

Jin:
"Okay, I'm swinging by now. This house party is just a half hour away, so I'll be over in thirty minutes at best."

Y/N:
"Sounds good."

Jin:
"I'll see you soon, Y/N."