Ch. 11- Vent

"I didn't think seeing Jin's face would make me feel so hostile!" I tell Jenna as she sits across from me in our usual booth at a sports bar & grill that we frequent a lot.

She shrugs, holding her hands out. "Well, he took your virginity, you fell in love with him and then he just disappears all of a sudden and you never heard from him. All-time piece of shit move, that's for sure. If I saw my worst ex—"

"Carl?" I confirm her worst ex.

"Yes, that fucker. If I saw Carl, after all these years, I'd be irate, too. So, I get it, Y/N." She throws me a sympathetic smile.

"I think it's the fact that when I bumped into him in the hallway of our department building, he just looked like seeing me for the first time in ten years was no big deal. He looked completely fine, as if he didn't royally break my heart back then. Maybe, he didn't think he broke my heart. Or, maybe he thinks it's been years and I'm over it. I should be...whatever, all I know is that it's painful seeing his face." I grab my beer and take a swig.

"I hate to ask this, but how'd he look?" Jenna asks with utter curiosity.

"Perfect and handsome as ever, as if the man hasn't aged! It's really unfair." I grimace at the thought of the man's beautifully structured face. Then, I sink my teeth into a garlic parmesan chicken wing.

"Well, it would've been easier if he let himself go, but, I guess that's not the case." She swings her beer glass to the side then takes a drink.

As I'm focusing on the fried pickles, I hear a familiar and comforting deep voice.

"Y/N?!"

I look up, and walking towards our booth is Taehyung and Jeongguk.

"Hey guys! Come join us!" Jenna greets them as they make there way closer to us. Taehyung slides into the spot next to Jenna and Jeongguk sits right next to me.

"Hey, Tae!" I wave to Taehyung as he grabs a mozzarella stick. I look over to Jeongguk, smiling at him and placing my hand on his thigh, "Hey, JK."

He smiles back at me and I swear I temporarily forgot about my worries. "Hey, Y/N," Jeongguk replies back to me, softly.

"You ladies ordered a lot of deep fried food!" Taehyung says, impressed but slightly disturbed by all the calories in front of us.

"Don't judge us! It's been a rough day!" I tell Taehyung, sounding defensive about my choice of unhealthy food.

"What's wrong? Are you okay, Y/N?" Jeongguk looks over to me with those doe eyes that I always find comfort in. He places his hand on my thigh and gently caresses over the fabric of my skirt, oddly soothing me.

"I don't want to burden you guys with my issues," I say to him as I pick up an onion ring.

A waitress momentarily interrupts us to take the men's orders, to which they asked for another pitcher of beer and more fried food appetizers and some dry rub Buffalo wings.

"Y/N, you know you can vent to us all you want," Taehyung encourages me to open up as the waitress walks away.

"Okay," I start and I place my hand on Jeongguk's hand that is still resting on my thigh, giving me even more comfort. "There's this new assistant professor who started in my department today and he's someone from my past."