Ch. 37- New Year's Eve Celebration

It's been about four weeks since I initially asked Jin for some space because of the whole Jeongguk situation. And, it was also the same amount of time since I last saw Jeongguk.

It was tough to let go of Jeongguk's friendship, but I understood where he was coming from. I didn't return his love and I can see why he wouldn't want to be around me when it's likely that Jin would be with me most of the time. As much as I miss Jeongguk's friendship, I don't want to be the cause of him being emotionally hurt. I just hope he heals from the heartbreak he's dealing with.

Had I known Jeongguk's feeling ran deep for me, maybe I wouldn't have allowed us to sleep together. I always saw our arrangement as two friends fulfilling each other's sexual needs while juggling our individual busy schedules. I didn't know he loved me as more than a friend.

I loved him, too. But, only as one of my best friends.

I did text Jeongguk a Merry Christmas message a few days ago, on Christmas Day. To my surprise, he replied, simply wishing me a Merry Christmas back. It's not much, but even that was enough for me. I hope we can be friends again, but if not, I'll cherish all the good times we did have together. 

It is part of life to have people come and go. Not all friendships last. I just thought that my friendship with Jeongguk would stand the test of time.

I accept it now. Of course it still hurts when he comes to mind, but I know the pain of losing his friendship will eventually dissipate, slowly but surely.

It's now 6:30pm. Jenna and I are leaving our place to head to Yoongi and Tom's home since they are throwing a New Year's Eve party.

We are going as each other's dates since Hoseok flew to Seoul with his sister so they could spend time with their family there. He called Jenna at 7am, our time, since it was midnight there, and he really wanted to wish her a happy new year.

Jenna and Hoseok have been going strong. They've been going so strong that he proposed to her a week before he left for South Korea. I was there when it happened because Hoseok asked me and Yoongi to document it through pictures and videos.

He took her to her favorite restaurant by the beach and they took a walk along the ocean and that's where he asked her to marry him.

Yoongi, Tom and I stalked them and made sure that I was able to record videos and Yoongi took as many pictures of the night. We were all a crying mess when it happened.

My best friend found the love of her life- someone who treats her right and adores her. I love Hoseok for Jenna and I'm over the moon that they are going to get married.

Around that time, I think all that talk of love made me finally reach out to Jin.

Jin and I would converse through texts and we would address each other more as the days went by.

Just last weekend, we finally went out on a date since I had initially asked for space. We went to our favorite seafood restaurant and saw the movie Spider-Man: No Way Home. We both love Spider-Man, so of course it made sense that we'd go together to see it. And, I'm glad we did because that movie was worth seeing. It was nice geeking out about the whole movie with him after. He ended up spending the night because we had so much to catch up on between talking about the movie, how school and research has been going for each of us, and new stories about our families.