Ch. 7- Trying To Get Over It

2012

A year has passed since that night Jin showed up at my house with a bottle of tequila. I drank enough to say some things I can barely recall at all and blacked out. After that, I haven't heard from or seen him.

The day after he last left my house, I called him throughout the day, maybe more than I should. I also texted him a bunch trying to ask what happened and if we could talk. As the next two weeks went on, I called less and texted less.

Two weekends after that dreadful night, I decided to suck it up and attempted to see if I could catch him at his family home. I drove over there- a suburb on the other side of town from where I live. When I arrived, I was met by his mom at the front door. I don't think she knew Jin and I were on the outs because she greeted me warmly and invited me in. She looked a little worn out and troubled, but I didn't think much of it. She said she wasn't expecting me and that Jin wasn't going to be home all weekend because he's been staying at his dorm most weekends. She said she tries to get him to visit but since his part-time job is closer to his campus, she said she doesn't bother to argue it and lets him be. I stayed for a while to keep her company and then I left.

It seems I loved him and it wasn't reciprocated. It was unrequited love. And, as much as it's going to be difficult, I needed to move on.

I decided after leaving his family home, I wasn't going to fucking wait around. And I'm glad I didn't.

A whole year has gone by and not one word from Jin. He even unfriended me, the day after he left my house, on Facebook, the only social media account he would use. He really wanted me out of his life.

He didn't say a proper goodbye and a part of me is still bitter about it. He just left me. I fell in love with him, and he just disappeared from my life.

I forced myself to move on.

~

It's yet another October but I'm going to make this a good one, unlike last year.

It's Friday night, and since Halloween is falling on this coming Wednesday, all the good parties are happening this weekend. Tonight, Phoebe and I are going to a party that my friend Taehyung invited us to. His friend, Jeongguk, is throwing a party at his house and Taehyung said it should be a fun one we can't miss.

I met Taehyung last semester when we had the same creative writing class together. He sat next to me and we ended up getting along. Through him, I also became good friends with his best friend, Jimin. Jimin and I lucked out this fall semester and have a public speaking class together. It's one of the courses I've been dreading to take but having Jimin in that class with me has been perfect! His presence in that class makes me less anxious.

Even though I've hung out with the two guys outside of school, Phoebe has never met them. Jenna, Layla and Kellie met them over the summer and they all thought both men were breathtaking to look at.

I'm not going to lie, I'm with them. Those guys are definitely attractive. But, I'm still not a hundred percent fully mended by what happened with Jin, and I don't feel like I could trust myself to start something new anytime soon. But, who knows. I do have my needs.

Phoebe and I are currently in my room, getting ready for the party. I wanted to dress up in something sexy but I didn't want to show up revealing too much skin, just a lot of cleavage, at least. I decided to go with a skin tight skeleton costume with a goth makeup look.