Ch. 26- Beer and Arcade Games

"And, I am still the master!" Jenna cheers in celebration for beating Yoongi, Jin and Tom on a game of PacMan at this arcade bar we are at. Hoseok gives Jenna a celebratory kiss.

"My girlfriend is badass," Hoseok announces as he gloats to the rest of us about Jenna.

Those two are really perfect for each other and it makes me happy to see Jenna so in love with Hoseok. He really cares for her and vice versa and it's refreshing to see.

Jin and I agreed to go out with Yoongi, Tom, Jenna and Hoseok for some fun on a Friday night.

This bar we are currently at has beer on tap for patrons to pour their own glasses of beer - from familiar drafts to interesting flavors. I keep gravitating to this pineapple ale that has been satisfying my taste buds. Jin is a fan of the stouts and has tried a couple so far.

There are all sorts of arcade and board games and childhood favorite toys all over the premise. Arcade games include Galaga, Space Invaders, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Joust, Super Mario Bros, Street Fighter, Gauntlet, Mortal Kombat, and my personal favorite- Frogger. Board games and toys include Chutes and Ladders, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, Lite Brite, Battleship, Connect Four, Guess Who, Jenga, and checkers. All these arcade machines, board games and toys are definitely nostalgic and fun to play with as adults. It's even more fun when you're tipsy.

After along week at the university, it's always good to unwind and let ourselves indulge in our childhood mixed with adult items like really good beer.

Anyway, there was a PacMan game with a giant screen where you can go against each other to see who lasts the longest, and it's kept all of our attention for a bit. Jenna, Yoongi, Jin, and Tom were so caught up in trying to be the champion while Hoseok and I were just insanely amused by the other four's competitive natures. Jenna has won three times in a row against the three boys and Jin was able to walk away being the winner for the last game. We noticed other people wanted to play the game so we kindly stepped away to allow them their turn.

All of us end up separating with Yoongi and Jin going to play against each other on a racing arcade game. Hoseok and Tom's attention goes towards these Marvel themed pinball machines in the corner and Jenna and I get sucked into playing with some Lite Brite toys at a free table at the opposite side of the bar.

As Jenna and I are sipping on our beer and making Lite Brite art on our boards while dancing along to the music on our stools, my phone starts to go off on the table. I look at the screen and I see an incoming call from Jeongguk.

"Fuck, it's Jeongguk," I say out loud as I look wide-eyed at Jenna.

"Take the call outside," Jenna calmly suggests and I listen. I look back to one corner to see Jin and Yoongi completely immersed in their racing game. And, I get up and go outside in the bar's patio area.

I pick up the call.

Y/N:
"Jeongguk? Hey!"

Jeongguk:
"Hey, Y/N! What are you up to?"

Y/N:
"I'm with Jenna, Yoongi and other friends at this arcade bar. Are you at the airport now?"

Jeongguk:
"Yes! It's about 7am here. I just checked in not too long ago and I'll be boarding in an hour. I'll be there in the morning!"