Ch. 33- Devastation

Jungkook's 1st Person POV

It's been a few days since I've bumped into Y/N up north, on Thanksgiving. I was shocked to see her with who I found out was her first love, Jin.

I know they are working together and have been cordial with one another but seeing them together at the store was surprising.

It makes me wonder if they traveled up to Walnut Creek together or if they bumped into each other. I mean, it would make sense if they crossed paths there since Jin grew up in the Bay Area like myself and Y/N. He has family up there, so it would make sense for him to be there at the time.

I tried not to think about it too much but my mind kept wandering there, thinking the worst possible situation, but I cannot make assumptions about Y/N and her ex.

I've been texting her here and there since we both got back to LA. I've been trying to make plans with her but our conflicting schedules have not allowed us any time until now.

It's now Thursday and I'm at her doorstep. We finally were able to make dinner plans.

I rang the doorbell and wait for a half a minute and she opens up the door.

Y/N is wearing a black wrap dress with a silver chain, the pink stone pendant resting right above her cleavage. She has on black ballet flats, making me tower over her while she looks up at me.

Her hair is in loose waves, framing her face perfectly. I couldn't help but brush her hair away from her face with my fingers. And, without notice, I cup her face with my hands and lean down to place my lips on her soft ones, kissing her because I've missed her. This is normal- whenever I pick her up in the past, I greet her with a kiss and she always melts into it.

But this time, she pushes me away.

"Y/N...," I looked at her, confused and worried.

"Jeongguk, I...," This time she trails off.

"Are you okay?" I try to calmly ask her. She has a sad expression on her face and I'm fearing the worst.

"We need to talk," she simply says as she steps aside and motions me to enter her apartment.

As I apprehensively walk into her living room, I hear her close her front door.

I turn around and face her. She walks closer to me and we both remain standing in the center of the room.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" I ask her as she is staring at the ground.

She takes a deep breath, "Jeongguk, we can't do what we've been doing anymore."

"What do you mean?" I ask in a low voice.

"All the affection- us kissing, sleeping together- we can't do that anymore," she says in a shaky voice.

"Is there someone else...is it your ex?" I question, not being able to help making that assumption.

"Jeongguk...I realized that Jin still means a lot to me," she says and my eyes start to water.

"What about me?" I question, my voice above a whisper. I feel like all the air has been knocked out of me.