𝐢𝐱. full moon

As Lyla tip toed down the stairs from her dormitory, she couldn't help but worry about Remus.

It was a full moon, and even though this time the Marauders would be there to accompany him in their animagus form, she still felt scared.

Although he always tried to hide it from them, especially her, she noticed the toll his transformations took on him.

But as James had told her earlier that night when she was pacing in the common room,

"He won't be alone Lyla. This time we'll be there."

So that's what she repeated to herself when she, James, Sirius, and Peter all hid under the invisibility cloak and headed towards the womping willow.

She repeated that to herself when she heard his screams of pain and the noise of his bones cracking.

It's what she told herself over and over again in her head.

Hoping that if she repeated it enough, it could cancel out the noise of hearing the boy she felt strongly for, in agony.

She tried to keep it together, knowing it must be a million times worse for Remus.

So when she felt the sun hit her face, she got up from where she was laying next to Remus and she tried not to wake any of the guys up.

But as she got up from the floor, a board fell to the ground with a thud.

"Shit." Lyla mumbled.

Hearing the noise, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter all got up.

Sirius and James groaned.

Remus slowly sat up and winced a little.

Lyla got the towel that they had brought and went over to Remus to clean up his wounds.

"Aguamenti."

Lyla than slowly began to clean up the blood on his chest.

Once she was done, she couldn't help let her fingers trace his abs and the scars on his torso.

Remus looked up at her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Lyla looked up at Remus' light brown eyes and than without thinking she briefly glanced down at his lips.

Remus than grabbed her hand ( which was still on his torso ) and placed a gentle kiss on her palm.

He couldn't help get lost in her green eyes. They were a lighter, yet piercing green, but there were also soft flecks of brown towards the center.

Remus liked to think they resembled a bit of how she was.

To most people Lyla came off as strong, fierce, and confident, or egotistical, as some people liked to call it.

But to those people didn't know her.

Not like her friends did.

They knew that those were just walls she put up.

She really was caring, selfless, and compassionate.

Although she was those many other things, that's not how she always acted.

So the piercing green guarded the light, softer brown.

Making sure it would go almost unrecognized, the only people who saw it, were the people who noticed and looked into them deeper.

Remus' thoughts were interrupted when there was a creak heard.

Lyla and Remus turned around and found James slowly trying to walk out of the room, but then he froze and looked like a deer caught in the headlights.