𝐱𝐥𝐯. aesthetic

By now a few days had passed since the lesson on amortentia, and Remus and Lyla were still oblivious as ever to the other's comments about what they smelled.

"I still don't understand what me smelling Lyla in the amortentia had to do with anything?" Remus asked as he, James, Sirius, and Peter were sat in the Great Hall eating breakfast.

Sirius turned to James and looked at him incredulously.

"Is he for real?"

"I though you were the smart one." Peter said as he shook his head in disbelief.

"What?" Remus asked, oblivious as ever.

"Merlin's balls." James muttered as he put his head in his hands.

"You're hopeless." Sirius said.

"Why is Moony hopeless?" Lyla asked as she sat down next to him.

"I don't know." Remus defended.

"Our dear Moony, doesn't realize what it means when you smell someone in your amortentia." James said, hoping Lyla would be easier to convince.

"Oh. Well what's the big deal?" Lyla asked in confusion.

"Oh. My. God." Peter muttered frustratedly.

"Right that's what I'm saying?!" Remus said frantically.

"You don't get it either?" James asked.

Lyla stared at the boys in confusion.

"Bloody hell." Sirius groaned.

"You're both helpless." James said as he shook his head.

Lyla and Remus looked at each other and frowned.

They both didn't really know what the big deal was.

So what they smelled each other in their amortentia. It didn't meant anything, right?

☽☽☽

Since it was a Saturday, and she was bored, Lyla decided to drag Remus to accompany her while she wandered Hogwarts' grounds.

"Where is it exactly that you're taking me?" Remus asked as Lyla dragged him down the hill.

"I don't know." Lyla responded with a grin as she continued to clutch Remus' much warmer hand.

Remus chuckled as Lyla finally stopped and laid on the grass as she let out a content sigh.

He sat down next to her and immediately took her hand into his.

Lyla let a small giggle, which caused Remus to turn and look her with a questioning smile.

"You still have your nail polish on." Lyla said as she held his calloused fingers up to her face.

Remus grinned and then pulled her much smaller hands up to his.

"And you still have yours." He said with a smile.

"So we're matching."

Lyla smiled as she propped herself up on her elbows.

"Ooh, I should let you wear my skirt next. That way we really will be matching." She suggested with a mischievous grin.

"No, absolutely not." Remus stated.