𝐱𝐱𝐢. adventure time

As soon as Lyla managed to calm herself down, one of her first thoughts was No way in hell, am I hanving dinner with Evan Rosier!

So quickly without her father and sister noticing, she ran upstairs to her room and quickly packed herself some clothes.

Lyla wrote her mom a note ( that only she could read. ) and set it on her desk.

Lyla then climbed out of her window, and tried not to fall to her death.

After a few... okay a lot of minutes of struggling, she finally was safely on the floor.

So then she set out for her destination.

Lyla didn't have to think to hard about where she would go, it was the place that always made everyone feel welcomed and loved.

So as she closed the gate in front of the Vance Manor, she headed into the direction of James Potter's home.

☽☽☽

It had been 2 weeks since Lyla left her house and went to James'.

She and James were now currently eating breakfast as they waited for the others to get here.

"So what time are Sirius, Remus, and Peter getting here?" Lyla asked for the tenth time that day.

"They'll be here around noon dear." Euhpemia Potter politely answered.

"Okay."

James and Lyla soon finished eating and went out into the Potter's backyard.

Every inch was covered in thick, white, and fluffy snow.

"Prongs?" Lyla called out.

"Yeah Ly?"

"I know this is a kinda random question, but have you ever had a crush on someone other than Lily?" Lyla asked curiously.

Jame sighed.

A puff a white breath coming out, due to the cold.

"Only once." He said with a sad smile.

"What happened?" She asked with a frown.

"Ehh, things just didn't work out."

Lyla continued to frown and she turned her head to the side, gears turning in her mind, and then suddenly she put two and two together and realized who James had caught feelings for a few months ago.

She shot him a look of sympathy and James sighed.

"It's okay, it wasn't that bad."

"James, you don't have to lie. You can talk to me y'know."

"I know, I just don't really feel like talking about it." He said with a shrug, that Lyla knew was covering the fact that he was hurt.

So she didn't press on the subject and instead she nudged James and grinned.

"Hey, you see that tree over there?"

"Yeah, why?" He asked with a smile.

"First one there and back gets your mom's last chocolate chip cookie." Lyla said with a smile.