𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. strutting into sixth year

The five Marauders were sat in their usual compartment on the way back to Hogwarts for their Sixth Year, and Lyla and Peter were staring at James with raised eyebrows and a frown.

"Doodoodo."

"Bah, bah, bah."

"Bah,bah,bah,bubaba."

The two looked at each other as James hummed and danced to a song in his seat.

"Heyyy."

"I regret letting him use my Walkman." Peter whispered in Lyla's ear.

"Please make it stop." Sirius whined as he put his hands over his ears.

"James." Remus said.

"James."

"James!" The boy yelled.

The boy with glasses simply ignored his friends and continued dancing around in his seat.

Remus then huffed and grinned when he got an idea.

"Oh hey Lily." He said.

Immediately James took off the headphones and jumped out of his seat so fast, he fell on the floor.

He looked up, expecting to meet the green eyes of the girl he had a major crush on, but instead he saw nothing.

He frowned and then looked back at Remus, who was handing Peter the Walkman.

"Heyy!" James whined.

"You lied." The boy said with a pout.

"Oh, I'm aware." Remus said with a smile before he looked back down at his book.

James huffed and said,

"Meanie."

He got up from the floor and sat back down next to Remus.

"Oh thank Merlin it's over!" Lyla exclaimed dramatically as she laid her head on Sirius' shoulder.

"I know. I thought my ears were going to begin bleeding." Sirius cried out as he extended his legs so they were on Remus' lap.

James huffed and crossed his arms.

"I hate you all." He muttered.

"Nah, you don't." Lyla said with a grin.

"Bitch that's my line."

"Prongs, that has never been your line."

"Yes, it has."

"No, it hasn't."

"Has."

"Hasn't."

"Has."

"Hasn't."

"Ha-"

"Can you both just shut the fuck up." Sirius said with an annoyed expression.

Lyla rolled her eye as James stuck his tongue out at her.

"Peter." Remus whispered quietly.

"Mhm?"

"We're surrounded by idiots aren't we?"

"I thought you would've figured that out by now." Peter said as he looked at his friend, then back at his other friends in the compartment.

Remus glanced around at them and muttered,

"Fuck."

☽☽☽

During the rest of the ride to Hogwarts, Lyla assumed that they all fell asleep.

Because when she woke up cuddled up against Sirius while it was dark out, and the train had stopped moving, she knew that they were late to the feast.