𝐥. the shrieking shack

Lately, as the days passed, Lyla found herself sneaking glances at Remus every chance she got. Which was a lot, since they spent almost every waking moment together.

She didn't know why, certain things had just felt different. But different in a good way. She hadn't figured out what had exactly changed between her and Remus, but she knew something was different.

"Lyla." Remus said, quite loudly.

She hummed in response and Remus chuckled at her dazed expression.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lyla answered with a frown.

"Just that uh, I've been calling your name and you've just been staring at me."

Lyla' eyes went slightly wide, but she quickly turned away before he could see the blush forming on her cheeks.

Remus frowned and put a finger under her chin, turning her head so she was looking at him again.

"Gonna explain why you've been staring at me for the past three minutes?" He inquired.

"Umm, maybe cause I wanted to, and besides, you look really cute."

What game is she playing at? Remus thought as he watched a sly smirk form on her lips.

He then raised an eyebrow at her and smirked.

"Did you just flirt with me Vance?" Remus asked with a grin as he placed his hand on her lower back.

"Maybe." She hummed as she subtly shifted closer to him.

Remus took notice of this and grinned.

"Do you care?" Lyla asked in a whisper.

She bit her bottom lip as she glanced down to Remus'.

Lyla moved closer to him, so their lips were less than an inch apart.

"No." Remus mumbled.

He moved closer so that his lips were coaxing hers apart, but yet Lyla still made no move of kissing him.

"Easy there wolf boy." She whispered against his lips.

Remus rolled his eyes, and put a hand to run his fingers threw her hair.

And finally, Lyla allowed her lips to crash into Remus' but then suddenly they heard the door open.

Both of them immediately broke apart as they watched James, Sirius, and Peter walk in.

"Sup bitches!" James exclaimed as he jumped on his bed.

"Why do you both look so, murderous?" Sirius asked.

"Oh y'know, just homework." Remus muttered with a clenched jaw.

"Yeah, it sucks." Lyla agreed.

"True, true." Peter mumbled as he laid on his bed.

Although, Remus and Lyla thought, This was the farthest thing from the truth.

☽☽☽

"Okay Pete, you're up." James said as he pulled the invisibility cloak off of him.

Peter nodded as he quickly transformed into a rat, and scurried toward the Whomping Willow.

Sirius exhaled in relief when he saw the tree stop moving.

Suddenly, they heard howling and so the three of them quickly made their way down the hole.