𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. the ball

(Vance Manor)

(Vance Manor)

"I can't believe she did this." Capella muttered as she stroked Apollo's head.

"Yeah well, at least we know why dad turned out the way he did." Lyla said as she continued staring up at the ceiling.

"Are you worried?" Capella asked after a moment of silence.

"About what specifically?"

"About how grandma invited... everyone."

Lyla frowned as her sister continued rambling.

"I mean not only are all these Pureblood families going to be there, but then Sirius is going to be there, and well.. Walburga and Orion won't be exactly happy to see him. The Potters are going to be there, and you know how everyone hates them. Along with Marlene McKinnon, everyone hates her family. Alice Fortescue is in the same boat, and then of course there's your friends who are half-bloods, and your muggleborn friends and then-"

"Okay El, I get it! This party is a recipe for disaster." Lyla snapped as she sat up.

Capella remained quite and Lyla sighed.

"I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just-"

"Yeah, I know."

Lyla smiled softly at her sister, but then that smile quickly turned into a smirk.

"Ella, you sure the real reason you're nervous about this party doesn't have anything to do with a certain blue eyed, French wizard by the name Nathaniel Devaux."

"Shut up!" Capella said as she threw a pillow at her sister.

Lyla merely giggled as she laid back down on the bed again.

"You sure the reason you're stressing about this doesn't have anything to do with a certain sandy haired, brown eyed, tall and chocolate obsessed wizard by the name of Remus Lupin." Capella said with a sly grin.

"Oh shut up." Lyla mumbled.

Capella laughed at her sister's pouty face.

"And how the hell do you know so much about him anyway?" Lyla questioned.

Capella rolled her eyes.

"You forget that you used to tell me everything back when we were younger. You talked about that boy constantly."

"I didn't talk about him that much."