Hospital part 2 - Chapter 27

Clarks POV

I was on the phone talking to Lois quietly since the boys were asleep. I'm still waiting for Jonathan to come back from the x-rays, but he should be back any minute now. Lois immediately wanted to come to the hospital but I calmed her down and assured that Jonathan was fine.

"Do you know what happened?" Lois asked.

"Yeah, I do. But I haven't heard Jonathan's side." I was interrupted by the door opening and Jonathan being wheeled in on a hospital bed.

"Honey, he's here I'll call you back." I said to her while ending the call.

Jonathan was asleep but he seemed to wake up since a nurse was fixing his wires and connecting them to the machine in the room. When he saw me he smiled. I walked over to the side and ran my hands through his hair.

"Is everything okay?" I asked the nurse that was beside him.

"Yes, We were able to get the scans and right now our Orthopedic doctor is looking at them right now. For the time being we splinted his hand so he wouldn't move it. We also gave him midazolam, which is a sedative before the scans so he might be a little sluggish but it should wear off in a few minutes." she said as she finished adjusting his cables.

"Oh, what was the sedative for?" I asked.

"Well, it was just to help calm him down since we had already given him pain meds. It was the only way to get the scans since he was fidgeting a little. " She said politely before leaving.

"Hey bud how are you?" I asked.

"I'm okay, are Jordan and Liam okay?" He asked while blinking a lot. I just chuckled.

"Yeah they're fine, just sleeping. How does your hand feel?"

"It feels a lot better and it looks less ugly-" He stopped talking to look at the ceiling.

"What? What's wrong?" I said looking up too.

"Wow... Look at the stars!" He said. I just gave him a weird look.

"There's no stars in here bud" I said in a concerned voice.

"Yeah there are. There's one right there" He said pointing at the ceiling. I just laughed and ruffled his hair. He was probably still high right now. He was about to say something but the doctor came in.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Jones. I'm an orthopedic specialist." He introduced. He was also holding Jon's scans and he put them on the board so we can see his x-rays.

"Hi, Clark Kent" he just offered me a smile before explaining the damage.

"Okay well the scans showed that Jonathan's hand is fractured. Along with that we see some smaller hairline fractures through the rest of the hand. Based on your son's pain, I'm worried about nerve damage." He said.

"Nerve damage? Is it severe?" I asked.

" Well, nerve damage can occur in many ways and it could have been the force, or maybe if out of instinct when he got hurt he further injured his hand on accident. There's no way to tell exactly how it happened. Now, I don't know how severe it is. The test that I would have to do would be extremely painful for Jonathan and I can't even guarantee that I'll even be able to tell unless I actually see it, and the last thing I want to do is have your son go through an unnecessary surgery."

"Of course. Is there anything else we can do?" I ask. I looked at Jonathan but he fell asleep.

"Well, what we will do is we will put him in a cast and once we know that physically the bone is healed I will do an exam on it and will see how much control he still has in his hand still. Now, I'll have a nurse quickly put a cast on while he is asleep and explain the rest tomorrow morning when everybody else is awake." He said before leaving.