7.) fittings

Y/n's POV —

It's been a week since we went shopping, Lin had made a group chat and texted us that he needed everyone to come to the theater ASAP. Renée and I zoomed to the theater and entered.

"Yooo! What's up Nae nae, and Y/n."Jasmine hollers hugging us both.

"Nothing much. Why does Lin want us here?" I reply.

"Not sure I think maybe to-" Daveed chimes in before getting cut off.

"HELLO HELLO HELLO EVERYBODY!" Lin yells from the stage.

"What an introduction.." Ren whispers to me causing me to laugh.

"Everyone, please take a seat." Lin says pointing to the seats, we all eventually get settled. Anthony waved me over and I sat in between him and Renée.

"I'm glad you guys are all here, today we will be getting fitted for our costumes. I'd like you all to meet our costume designer, her name is Amira, come on out Amira!"

A woman with a light orange hijab walks out smiling and waving. We all wave back.

"So Amira will be presenting the outfits she's sketched then she will measure you all."

A mix of 'okay's' 'cools' 'greats' were thrown out there.

"Hello everyone, as Lin introduced me, I'm Amira. And I will be showing the outfit sketches I have for..." She pulls a paper out of her pocket and reads out the characters she had costume designs for.

"George Washington, Marquis de Lafayette, John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, Angelica Schuyler, Elizabeth Schuyler, and Peggy Schuyler."

We all cheer as she names our characters.

"My apologies, but there is one thing. I only have their main outfits."

"So just like act 1's outfits?" Chris asks from the middle of one the theater chair. (ik he wasn't introduced but act like he was.)

"Yes sir."

"Oh that's fine!" We reassured.

"Would you guys like to see them?"

"YEAHHH!" We holler making her laugh.

"Lin would you please bring out the screen." Lin comes walking out from the lower wing with a screen that seemed to be moving on wheels. Everyone who was in the seats farther back went up to the closer seats to see, luckily I was seated in the front.

"Okay so for George Washington will be this."

She says clicking a button on a remote. On the screen it showed an old revolutionary outfit. The room was filled with a bunch of 'oo's' and 'ahh's' this is how the next 30 minutes went. Finally it was time to be measured. I volunteered to get measured first. I walk into a private room where Amira was getting the measurement papers and measuring tape.

"Ready?"

"Yup!"

"Alright, I'm gonna have you take your shirt and pants, but please keep on your undergarments." She chuckled the last part. I give her a confused face.

"I've had people who have done the opposite.." I laugh and take of my shirt. I hear a knock at the door and before anyone said anything the door opened.

— ANTHONY'S POV —

"Hey, can one of you grab my phone it's in room 147." Lin asks.

"Isn't that the fitting room?" I reply. He nods in response.

"Is Y/n not getting measurements in there?"

"I doubt they started yet, go on hurry!"

"Fine."

I groan. I pass multiple doors mumbling the numbers until I see 'Room 147, fittings.' I knock lightly not waiting for a response and I impatiently open the door and see Y/n standing there shielding her body and turning away. I cover my eyes with my hand.

"Oh my god Y/n i'm so sorry I didn't think y'all had started-"

"We'll talk later, get out please."

"Sure.." I agree and walk out. I stomp to the room I was previously in and tell Lin what happened. After I did everyone burst out laughing.

"I DONT SEE WHY THIS IS FUNNY, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT LIN."

He says between laughs. "You didn't wait patiently!"

"Fuck off."

— Y/N'S POV —

I was still shocked at what happened with Anthony after I finished putting on my clothes I was still as red as a tomato.

"You like him?"Amira stated more rather than asking a question.

"W-What? No! God no! He's a great friend, but that was just awkward."

"Whatever you say my friend."She rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Thank you, I'm going to go back to the stage." She nods and I head off.

"Hey guys! Anthony.." I shoot a glare.

"IM SORRY OKAY?"

And on that note everyone broke out into a laughing fit.

"Why are you guys- DID YOU TELL THEM?"

"YES BECAUSE IT WAS LINS FAULT!"

"HOW WAS IT LINS FAULT YOUR STUPID ASS CAME INTO THE FITTING ROOM?"

"HE TOLD ME TO GET HIS PHONE FROM THERE AND I TOLD HIM YOU WERE THERE BUT HE SAID YOU WEREN'T SO I WENT!"

"UGH!"

"Relaa-aax sister." Renée massages my shoulders.

"Shut up." I groan throwing her arms off me.

——————————

yo ik this is short but fuck you so haha, jk love u all. 😍😌

words - 835

last updated - august 9th 2021