~Barnabas~

The next day I woke up in my bed as usual. It was not even bright outside the window, as if it would be afternoon or evening which I soon enough realised it was when I looked over to the clock on my wall. I'd been sleeping for a lot of hours as it was already 8pm. I got up and got dressed in

And walked downstairs to the kitchen to see if anyone was there but it was both empty and quiet but I could hear the fireplace burning from the living room

And walked downstairs to the kitchen to see if anyone was there but it was both empty and quiet but I could hear the fireplace burning from the living room. I grabbed an apple and headed towards the living room where I supposed someone would be and right was I. Caroyln were sitting on the couch and reading a magazine while David sat down below on the floor and played with his dinosaurs.

"What's up?" I asked when I entered the room. "Look who decided to join us" Caroyn said and looked up from the magazine. The living room was dark even though there were turned on lamps a bit everywhere but it didn't light up much. The fireplace lit up most of the living room with its orange light. I sat myself on the other side of the couch than Carolyn and moved my legs into the couch to not disturb David in his fantasy world.

"How did it go? Last night with you know" Carolyn asked without David understanding, not that he was very interested in listening.

"Not so great..."

"What happened?"

"A lot but still nothing" I didn't really wanted to tell her that was an emotional wreck.

"Okay, do you want me to talk to her? I can beat  her ass if you want cause I haven't seen you this broken senses we were children?"

"No no it's okay" I laughed a little.

"Okay but tell me if you need anything and I have pretty cool fighting skills you know" Carolyn joked.

"Yea ya sure" I laughed "and YOU also tell me if you need anything"

"Ofc...come here, look how hot this dude is" she said and pointed at a hot guy in a magazine. I moved over to her side and watched all different kinds of hot dudes and celebrities but now I felt more ay than ever as I didn't find any of these guys as attractive as I used to. We sat there all attention to the magazine that we didn't notice Willie walking in with a middle aged man. He was pale in his face, his talking were so politely and old fashion.

"Sculpted entirely of the most exquisite Carrara marble" the pale man said and walked to a white sculpture in the room "each joint containing a single pearl"

Both me and Carolyn looked at each other questioning. He then left and sculpture and walked towards us but didn't seem to notice any of us.

"Are you stoned or something?" Carolyn asked him.

"They tried stoning me, my dear...it did not work" he answered as he just noticed all of us.

Both me and Carolyn looked like two question marks.

"When did they start allowing women of the night on estate ground?" he asked himself?

"Carolyn..." David whispered "look" he said and pointed at the huge drawing over the fireplace. It looked exactly like the white pale man.