Chapter 16- Silent Photography

Warning
Mentions of drug and alcohol use
Mentions of suicide
More plot

It felt like a crime, a betrayal even. To think that after only a week, I'd become spoiled on all the expensive and good scented soaps and shampoos that Chuuya had.

The shampoo at the hospital smelled plain and bland, like eating a cracker with no salt and the little yellow bar of soap looked more unappealing than the way Mori pampered Elise.

Not only were these terrible but the water for the shower wasn't even that hot. It was like a lukewarm temperature which made my muscles ache more.

"One of the first things I'm doing when I get out of here, is taking a hot bath with Chuuya's soaps," I told myself as I dried my hair with the hospital towel. With a little hum and a smile I added, "Maybe I'll get Chuuya to join me, he liked the last bath we had together."

I wrapped bandages around my neck, stomach, and arms before putting on the extra hospital gown and then wrapped my legs. Once I was finished, I walked back into my room, pulling my IV with me. I hated this thing, anywhere I went I had to have it with me since it was how I got my medicine.

It's been two days since I was brought here, yet I still had a few days left since they're wanting to keep an eye on me. Once I am released, I will be placed under Chuuya's care to make sure I get my proper amount of medication since, as Yosano says, I have a habit of knowing how to avoid the members of the Agency like a plague.

I walked around to the other side of the bed before taking a seat. The nurse should be back in here soon to put all the annoying like wires and cords back on my chest to keep a check on my heart.

I looked out the window. The scenery was nice from here if I was being honest. There was a park behind the hospital that stretched on over past the hill with a concrete path to walk on and what looked like a small bridge in the distance. I could see the wind blowing through the trees, they were cherry blossom trees but their flowers had fallen awhile ago.

It was breathtaking, beautiful, and...

"What a beautiful place to commit a double suicide," I sighed, knowing I'm probably never going to have my dream become a reality with my relationship with Chuuya.

"Can we not say things like that as soon as I walk into the room?" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned my head to see Atsushi come into the room. He shut the door behind him and made his way over to my bed.

"Atsushi! What a lovely surprise!" I beamed at my apprentice. "What brings you here, Friend?"

He took a seat in the chair beside the bed and opened his messenger bag, pulling out a envelope that was attached to a folder.

"These were in the Agency's mailbox this morning," he handed them to me. I looked over them, there wasn't any writing aside from the small finely written "Warning" on the envelope. "They don't have a name on them but I had this weird feeling that I needed to bring them to you."

"And a good thing you did. There's no telling what's in these. If they are for me then that would cause trouble for whoever opened the envelope," I noted, not looking up from them. I noticed a small smug on the edge of the envelope but decided to ignore it for the time being. "Does Kunikida or the President know about these yet?"

Atsushi shook his head. "No, I came here after I found them." He paused for a moment, looking a more nervous than usual. "Do you think it's a threat to the Agency?"

"There's no telling. If you remember the day of your entrance exam, I told you we got a lot of ill will from some people. If this were just any letter with good intentions, I doubt the sender would have included the lovely warning on the front."