Chapter 18- Feel Human

Warning
Implied sex
Mention/implication of toxic relationship
The usual Dazai mentions of suicide
Brief history/literature lesson

Three years ago

The moonlight shone down onto the streets of Yokohama as the moon itself hung up above the tallest of buildings. It was quiet, the city was settling down for the night aside from the Underworld that ruled over the city under the veil of night.

I had once been no exception as I had been the right hand man of the notorious Port Mafia. Ran by Mori Ogai, they overtook the city but offering business to the companies throughout.

But after several events that had transpired, I left the Mafia by the request of my closet friend before his death. It's been ten months since that day and there isn't a moment I don't remember it.

I don't regret leaving the Mafia, in fact it's shown me a bit more of the light that was just outside the darkness. What I did regret was leaving behind a beautiful pair of sapphire blue eyes and soft copper red curls without so much as a goodbye or even one last look.

I really did miss Chuuya, missed the way he'd blush when I teased him or from all the sexual comments I would whisper in his ear when we around others.

I missed laying on the couch holding him after a long day of work. The kisses we would share varying on how exhausted or injured or stressed we were.

There was no going back, at least for now. Maybe in the future, as I can hope, we can be together again.

Do what you always do and keep him happy.

Those words were heavy on my mind but not as heavy as the ring box that rested in the pocket of my trenchcoat, a reminder that I had a plan. A plan that would have to wait a little while longer than intended.

For now though, I needed to focus on what was going on in the present. Right now, under the night. Right now, as I make my back to the small condo I was currently staying in.

It being the dead of night, there was no one else walking down the sidewalk. It was only me and the shadow that accompanied my walk.

I had had a few errands that needed to be done today but unfortunately, none of them got done due to a sell of manga at a new bookstore.

Did I buy any of them? One or two. Did I read the rest of the series at the store's cafe all day? Absolutely.

Was I ready to leave the store to go back to my condo? Not even a bit. I wasn't going to lie to myself and say I wasn't stalling by taking the longest possible way by to the condo, but even then I had arrived at the entrance gate.

I pushed it open, the bag on my arm almost getting caught on a loose piece of metal on the gate as I pushed it closed with my other hand. I proceeded towards the door that lead to entrance hall of the building.

It was a four story building with four small one bedroom units on each floor, besides the ground floor that only had two units. My unit was on the third floor which was the top floor.

I made my way up the stairs, walking past the two doors that greet the top of the stairs, until I made it to the door with a "13" on it.

I reached into my pocket, looking for the key to the door. As I brought out the copper key, I heard what sounded like a muffled sound of glass shattering from behind me. I didn't even blink before the uproar of arguing started in the unit across from mine, marked with a "14" on the door.

There was a sound of heavy footsteps as someone stomped towards the entrance of the unit. Curious as to what might be happening, I dropped my key to the floor before bending down and tucking it under my front door.