Chapter 29- Nullifying the Nullifier

Warning
Things may get dark midway
Technically(?) Non-con drug use.
Implied torture

Walking to the Agency, Atsushi and I made small talk. Nothing much of importance but my hearing stayed attentive to his every word.

When we got to the office, Kunikida was waiting as soon as we opened the door.

"Dazai! Why is it you make my work so difficult?!" He fumed crossing his arms.

I raised my hands up in front of me in defense. "Now, now, Kunikida. If you're going to scold me, can we at least take it to the infirmary so I can get a bandage for my finger. I think I cut it at my apartment when I was packing my stuff."

Kunikida looked confused. "But wait, don't you have bandages in your des-"

Yosano cut him off by throwing an arm around his shoulders. A large, innocent looking smile on her face as she spoke. "Of course, Dazai! How about I help you get it cleaned up first? Wouldn't want there to be an infection!"

Her eyes narrowed at me, questioning if everything was alright. My own eyes drifted to the grey haired boy that was now sitting at his desk on his computer.

My gaze shifted to her again as I smiled. "I appreciate it."

She removed her arm from around Kunikida's shoulders before turning and heading for the infirmary. Kunikida and I walked behind her, my smile faltering as we made it past the door between the office and the hallway.

"You're not injured, are you, Dazai?" Yosano asked throwing a look over her shoulder. We stopped in front of the infirmary door, she turned to look at me.

I shook my head, raising my hand, the knuckle of my index finger placed on my lips as my other arm folded under it as I thought about the situation.

"Did something happen while you were out?" Kunikida asked as he pushed up his glasses. He could probably tell from my expression that something was off.

"Atsushi has segmental heterochromia, right, Yosano?" I asked, catching both of them off guard.

"Yes? He has both purple and yellow in both his eyes," She answered warily. She crossed her arms. "Is there something wrong with Atsushi's eyes?"

I took a deep breath, hoping for once I'm wrong about my prediction. "That's not Atsushi out there."

"What do you mean that's not Atsushi?" Kunikida put in.

"Atsushi has segmental heterochromia meaning his eyes have two different colors in one iris. Both Atsushi's irises are purple at the top and yellow at the bottom."

I looked over at him with a grim expression. "The Atsushi in there is missing the purple in his left eye. That wasn't the only thing I noticed either. He seemed to ask more questions than usual, more personal questions about Chuuya and me.

"Not to mention the way he was carrying himself. Atsushi gets nervous but he's become more confident. While at Chuuya's, he seemed nervous the entire time, trying to cover it with a look of amazement to hide his fear of being caught."

Their eyes widened. Kunikida shook his head, trying to make sense of what I'm telling him. "So, you mean we've been working with an imposter all day?"