Chapter 26- The One Who Saved Him

Warning
Implied sexual content
More emotions (because that's just where we're at now)
Lots of texting in this chapter (Contact names will look like this [Chuuya].)
Probably a crappy chapter, was my least favorite in the book.

Chuuya's P.O.V.

I stared down at the contact on my phone as I took a sip from my coffee. I had been curious since last night when Dazai told me about the suicide attempt he made the night before our anniversary.

Given, there was a moment this morning when I woke up with hot lips and a tongue on my cock. It definitely wasn't on my mind then, but after Dazai had been called into work, I started thinking about it again.

I clicked dial, placing the phone to my ear as I swirled my coffee around in my mug. After a few rings, they picked up. "Good morning, Lad. Is everything alright?" Kouyou's voice was as sooth as ever.

"Yeah, everything's fine but I did want to ask you something?" I turned and set the mug down on the counter I had been leaning on. The same counter I was sitting on when Dazai told me.

There was silence for a moment before she spoke again, she sounded weary. "Ask me something? You don't need me to talk to Ogai about letting you off again, do you?"

"No, no, I'll be coming into work today. I feel great actually," I bit my lip as I tapped my index finger on the counter. "I was actually wanting to ask if you've spoken to Dazai recently? In the last month, maybe?"

She was silent again, answering almost a minute later. "What use would I have to speak with that man? He broke your heart, did he not?"

I opened my mouth to say he did but that wasn't what came from my lips. "So young, yet you wish to die. You have a life ahead of you, yet both of you choose to live it alone. Isn't there someone's arms you wish to be laying in, or perhaps, someone to be laying in yours?"

This time she didn't wait to speak. "Where did you hear that from?"

"Dazai told me last night after we finished eating dinner," I explained, lifting my mug and taking a sip. "He said a woman with her hair up had told him this after stopping him during a suicide attempt the night before our anniversary."

I could hear her as her thoughts wondered. "Come see me in my office when you arrive, I'll tell you what you wish to know." She hung up immediately after.

I removed the phone from my ear with a sigh. "Well, at least she's not pissed." My phone buzzed with an incoming message but from Dazai. I opened it and smiled at it.

[Mackerel<3]: Hello, Beautiful! I just wanted to wish you a careful trip to work!

Setting my mug back down, I started typing him back.

[Chuuya]: You already said that before leaving. Also, shouldn't you be working?

He replied after a minute.

[Mackerel<3]: I have been drowning in paperwork since I got in the office and I don't think Kunikida will let me have a break until I die!

I shook my head as I replied.

[Chuuya]: You survived the Mafia, you can handle a little paperwork.

I finished up my coffee and cleaned my mug out. It wasn't until I was grabbing my car keys that my phone buzzed.

After getting in the car, I opened this message.

[Mackerel<3]: Now, I'm being dragged out to investigate where they were holding the victims! Remind me to never be hospitalized again!