Chapter 34- You Need Not Wake Me Again

Yay, another chapter in the same weekend... again.

Warning
Corruption
Character death

I began trying to fight against the ropes, not caring if they leave burning or permanent scaring. I needed to touch him, to nullify his ability before it was too late.

I saw the red marks taking form on his body. They wrapped around his arms, creeping up from his neck to his face. The markings were crimson and held an angry glow.

The gravity of the room began to shift, becoming heavy as all of Chuuya's control was relinquished to the deity inside of him.

Hasegawa looked at Chuuya horrified. "What's happening to him?" From the corner of my eye, I could see her fear as she stepped away from him slowly, unable to look away.

"This is Chuuya's true ability, the real power of his gravity!" I looked at her, my expression stern and serious. "Chuuya has no conscious thought in this state, he will attack anything and everything until he wastes away into nothing! If you don't untie me, we will all die!"

She stared at him with wide eyes, like what she was seeing had to be some hallucination. "Why should I believe you?" It sounded more uncertain then accusatory.

Before I could answer, a maniacal laughter interrupted and filled the room. I looked at Chuuya as he broke free from his confinements. His pupils constricted and unfocused, any and all thoughts complete gone from his mind.

There was a sadist smile crossing his face from ear to ear. As he stood from his chair, the gravity under him created a crater. There was a wave of energy, the force of his gravity, that knocked both Hasegawa and me back.

I flew backwards, landing on my right side and hearing a crack from where my right arm was crushed and broken from how it was tied around the back of the chair.

I clenched my jaw tightly, my eyes squeezing shut as I felt the pain run up my right arm. I was no longer able to move my arm, the only feeling being the slight pressure and the pain.

I opened my eyes, looking over at where Chuuya was still standing and laughing hysterically. He began forming balls, manipulating the gravitons before throwing them where he pleased, destroying anything in his path.

This wasn't good. Chuuya being in his corrupted state was dangerous for both him and everyone else in the building. The Agency and the Port Mafia, as well as Hasegawa men, will be killed if I'm not freed and able to deactivate it.

I tried to struggle again but with one of my arms being broken, it made things a bit more difficult. The pain was excruciating but not as bad as the thought of losing Chuuya to his madness.

I looked over to where Hasegawa had been thrown against her vanity. Her mirror was broken and the was a wound on her forehead that would most likely need stitches.

She seemed to still be grasping onto what was happening. Her gaze went to Chuuya, eyes widening at the scene. I could see the fear in them as she watched him attack various parts of the room.

It made me remember the words I had told her before falling unconscious.

"Trust me, you've never seen Chuuya when he's truly corrupted."

Corruption was dangerous, and that was why it was only ever used as a last resort. If Chuuya had ever decided against it, I came up with something else, never forcing him into that state without both our confidences. We only used it in situations where I could easily get to him.