A New Life, New Chapter and... An Alarmclock

Dear Readers,

Please note, that I DO NOT OWN ANY OF these characters, except my own.
All the credit goes to the amazing Dick Wolf.

Above is a picture of Annabelle Ruzek. She is exactly how I pictured Annabelle. 

Also, I'm very new to this writing thing, so please be patient with me. I try my best to get better. I'm really open for any tips and guidelines on how to improve my writing and would really appreciate it. :) 

I hope you enjoy this story, as much as I love writing it. Please vote and comment and feel free to give suggestions.

Also please excuse any spelling mistakes, or grammar errors as English is not my home language.

ENJOY !!! ;)

Beep, Beep, Beep

That, my friend, is the sound off a new day, new life, new chapter and a dream finally coming true. And a clock beeping on my nightstand, saying it's time to get up.

Groaning I search for my phone, before getting up and stretching my arms. Today is the day, I finally work as a detective at the Intelligence unit, along with my older brother, Adam. I've been working with Robbery and Homicide for nearly 2 years now, and let me tell you, since Hailey left, it was so boring! Yes, I worked with Hailey in Robbery and Homicide before she moved to Intelligence. Ever since she left, I didn't enjoy the cases anymore. It all got so boring.

Luckily, she doesn't know that I'm moving over to Intelligence, as I made it very clear to the others in the unit and Sergeant Voight to keep it quiet. I wanted to surprise her. She's always been such a good friend to me, and both of us were devastated when we couldn't work together anymore. I remember we would always have sleepovers at one of our apartments when we had a big case to solve or we just didn't want to be alone. We still do it sometimes, just not as often anymore, because both of us were pretty busy.

Kim and I are good friends too. We could talk to each other about almost anything, and then give advice. Sometimes we do the exact opposite of the advice, and then get the 'I told you not to' look from each other. Even though she called the engagement off with my brother, our friendship never changed. She was just as a great friend too. More like a sister. When the engagement was called off, my heart actually broke, because to be honest, I kinda shipped them together you know. They fitted each other perfectly. But who knows, maybe one day, they come back together. I don't know.

Kevin and I also have this special relationship. He would check up on me and tell me all about Adam's embarrassing moments, sometimes he would listen to me complain about Adam being an annoying jerk. We had this type of relationship where we both complain about problems and then give each other advice about it. And actually take the advice. Even though I already talked to Kim, there are some things that I can't complain about with her, because she wouldn't understand, or she just couldn't know. That's where Kevin came in. And let's not forget about all the jokes we made, about almost everything.

Jay, well... I don't know, we talked every now and then, but that's it. I don't know much about him. Only that he was a ranger or something like that, and my brother walked in on him having a nightmare once. But that's it.

Getting up from my bed, I walk over to my closet to get dressed. Slipping on a nice black button-up and doing the skinny jean dance with my favorite black skinny jeans, I grab my black heeled boots and head out the bedroom to start breakfast.

After eating breakfast, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun

After eating breakfast, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun. Adding a little amount of makeup to my terrible face. With that being done I grab my keys to my beautiful Dodge Charger I got for my birthday last year. I lock my apartment before heading down to the parking lot to my car.

The drive to the precinct wasn't long. On the way I connected my phone to the car and played some of my old time favorites. First song : Cheap Thrills.

Come on, come on, turn the radio on
It's Friday night, and it won't be long
Gotta do my hair, put my make-up on
It's Friday night, and it won't be long

'Til I hit the dance floor, hit the dance floor
I got all I need
No, I ain't got cash, I ain't got cash
But I got you, baby

Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight
(I love cheap thrills)
But I don't need no money
As long as I can feel the beat
I don't need no money
As long as I keep dancing

Humming, no, singing to the song I finally made it to the parking lot of the precinct. Agter parking, I open the center console to get my badge and gun. Usually, I don't leave it in the car during night, but for some reason I forgot it in here. Taking one last glance in the rear-view-mirror, I climb out and head to the precinct where the next chapter of my life would start.