Chuckles and Bubbles

It's been a week now since I've actually confessed to myself that I like... Jay. It's also my first day back at the job since the undercover thingy. I still don't get why I had to stay home for a week. As much as I enjoyed it, it also irritated me as I was most of the time really bored.

I was currently on my couch, strumming to my guitar, so that the time could pass for me to go to work. I'm like an hour earlier than usual. Probably because of the excitement. I hope...

I love it when I get the time to play music. I have been playing all week whenever I got time on my hands. Which was everyday.

I've always been the one to say the first goodbye
Had to love and lose a hundred million times
Had to get it wrong to know just what I like
Now I'm fallin'

You say my name like I have never heard before
I'm indecisive but this time I know for sure
I hope I'm not the only one that feels it all
Are you fallin'?

Center of attention
You know you can get whatever you want from me
Whenever you want it, baby
It's you in my reflection
Now I'm afraid of all the things it could do to me
If I would've known it, baby

I would've stayed at home
'Cause I was doin' better alone
But when you said, "Hello"
I know that was the end of it all
I should've stayed at home
'Cause now there ain't no letting you go
Am I falling in love
With the one that could break my heart?
Oh no, I was doin' better alone
But when you said, "Hello"
I know that was the end of it all
I should've stayed at home
'Cause now there ain't no letting you go
Am I falling in love
With the one that could break my heart?

Am I falling in love with the one who can break my heart? Is Jay the one for me? As I keep on singing to the lyrics of Break My Heart by Dua Lipa, all these questions run through my mind. All the memories with Jay too. And something tells me, I'm going to be distracted all day with these thoughts.

Deciding that it's no use that I just stay here forever and wait for time to pass, I got up and grabbed my badge, gun and bag and head out my apartment.

The ride to the precinct was extremely short. I don't know if I was speeding or just because I was jamming to my music. I climbed out of my car and immediately spotted Jay's car along with my brother's. There was no sight of Hailey or Kim's, so I head into the building.

"My, my, what is it today with the Ruzek's being early this morning?" Platt asks at her usual spot at the front desk.

"Good morning Sergeant," I greet with a chuckle as I hand her a cup of coffee. Just before I came, I stopped at a coffee shop in need of coffee, and since I'm Trudy's favorite, I bought her one too.

"Oh my, no wonder you are my favorite of the Intelligence Unit. It's good to see you again, Anna," Trudy says.

"It's good to see you too," I say with a smile. "I'll see you later Sergeant, I should probably get going."

"Thank you for the coffee!" She calls out as I buzz myself in. I gave her a quick smile before I head to the bullpen. When I reached it, no one was there, and I could've sworn that I heard someone up here. I head to my desk with a slight skip in my step. I was about to put my cup down, when I saw an envelope in the middle of my desk with my name printed on: Annabelle Ruzek.