I love you, you know...

Jay's POV

"Come on Rickie, we know it was you," Antonio says leaning back in his chair. Rickie stays silent with a smug smile on his face. We've been sitting here for an hour now, trying to get him to confess, but obviously Rickie thinks he is way smarter than us.

"The only proof you have is that I have a grey hoodie in my possession, and so does everyone else in Chicago," he smirks. OH, I HATE that smile of his. We got a C.I. who got a tip that Richard Randall, a.k.a Rickie, the one was that attacked the Theatre and Annabelle. Even though we don't have much to pin him on, except the tip and the hoodie that we found stashed under his bed in his apartment, we know that it was him just by is attitude.

"We might just have a 'hoodie' on you for now, but we know it was you. There are officers going through your whole apartment at this very second, and you better start talking if there is anything we should know about," I say leaning forward to come face-to-face with him. "And you better wipe that stupid smile of you face, or else I'll slap it off for you," I say lowly.

"I'd beg to see you try, I'm sure that little bitch from last night, would love to see that," he says smiling again. I frown in confusion. "What was her name again? I kept hearing her call over her radio, behind me... Ruz- something. Sweet little bitch that one, such a shame what happened to her, I would've loved to get a taste-"

I jump out of my seat and grab him by his throat, "What did you just say?" I lean my face closer to his, until I can feel the heat radiating off of him. "Say that again I dare you!" I feel a firm hand yanking me away from Rickie and I jerk my head to Antonio who was holding my arms.

"Detective Halstead," he yells, before the door opens. Voight comes walking in.

"Hey Rickie," he says plastering a fake smile on his lips. "Why don't we take a bathroom break, I'm so sorry for my officers harassing you. Halstead, get your ass in line, we are here to serve justice, not harass people."

This got me completely confused. Usually Voight doesn't reprimand his officers right in front of suspects.

But then it hit me, we don't always give suspects bathroom breaks.

We usually get a patrol officer to do that.

Voight is not taking Rickie to the bathroom, he's taking him to the cage.

I make my way out of the room and take the other path to the rollup where the cage is situated. I was there just before a patrol officer entered the place with Rickie in cuffs and made their way to the cage. I turned back to the bullpen to talk to Voight.

"Sir," I say as I spot him in his office obviously getting ready for the interrogation...

"Look, if you want to give me a lecture on why I shouldn't do this, don't even bother, because that will just waste oxygen. We all know he was behind the attack, and this is our only option to get him to confess," Voight says.

"Sir, I was gonna ask if I can... you know... help out," I say and he looked up at me. For a brief moment I thought he would be chasing me out of his office, but he just stood there, before looking on his watch.

"We got five minutes," he said as he darted to the roll up and I followed.

Let the games begin...

°♡•○♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°•♡°

Adam's POV○

I hate this. I hate the fact that we've been rotating shifts like I don't know how many times, and Annabelle hasn't even gained the slightest hint of consciousness. I hate the fact that all I can do is just sit here and watch her. Watch her sleep peacefully as her chest moves up and down.

"Jay just called," Kim says as she walked into the room. We decided to share this shift, since there is nothing more to do at the precinct. "They finally got Rickie to confess."

"About time," I groan as I ran my hands over my face. "I was starting to think that I should do something about it."

"Yeah, I don't know about you, but this is really hard for me," Kim says after a long silence.

I turn to look at her as she sat down beside me, "What do you mean?"

"This," she gestures to Annabelle. "I can't stand this."

"Me neither," I say quietly as I looked down. The room fell into a comfortable silence. Well, as silent as it could be with the beeping machines.

I don't know how long the silence stretched, but eventually we heard the slight shuffle of blankets in front of us. I lifted my head up and a slight gasp escaped my lips as I saw Annabelle slowly open her eyes. Immediately, I stood up and leaned over to her slightly.

"What the hell?" She managed to croak out when she finally came to her senses.

I chuckle, "I was gonna ask the same thing."

She looked at me with a confused expression. She started getting up, but I stopped her just as a pained expression started to cross her face. "Take it easy. You're in the hospital, Anne. You've been shot, remember?"

She nods after a while. Kim came forward and grabbed her hand, "How you feeling?"

"Tired," she whispered in response as she closed her eyes. "So very tired."

"We're so glad you're okay," Kim whispered. "I'll give you two a minute," she adds as she made her way to the door.

"You scared the crap out of us, you know that right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I kinda do that for a living now," she says, trying to lighten the mood.

"Anne, I'm serious," I say sternly.

"Okay, so you almost lost me. But here's the thing. It was almost. I'm okay now. You should know that yourself, Adam," she says. "I've been through hell once, one more time's not so bad. Infact, I just come out stronger."

"Yeah, I know I know," I looked down to my hands. "It's just, I couldn't stand it. The sight of you almost dying and-"

"Adam, stop. It's over okay. I'm fine now," Annabelle grabs my hand and squeezes it gently.

"I love you, you know," I say looking her in the eyes. A small glint spread through her eyes.

"Aww, my brother really does have a heart," she jokes lightly and I chuckle, before a tear slipped down my cheek. "Hey," she says after a while. "I'm okay, and I love you too." She pulls my hand gently and I lean down to hug her gently. I pulled away after a while and I could immediately see that she's already worn out.

"Why don't you get some more rest?" I suggest as I pull the blankets over her.

"What about the team?"

"The team can wait, besides, they have a lot of paperwork that needs to be done," I add quietly. "I'll explain to Kim." She nods weakly and not long after, she already started dozing off again. I gave her a small peck on the cheek, before I made my way out of the room.

Finally, I know that my sister is okay.