Why have dinner with me?

The whole day went by fast and before I know it, everyone was leaving for Molly's. This time I made it very clear to myself that I would not be going with them, so I grabbed my things and went straight to my car and drove to my apartment.

When I entered my apartment, I immediately threw my keys on the counter and went straight to my room. Taking of my holster and badge, I grabbed my pj's before going to the shower. After turning on the shower I stripped out of my clothes and placed my jewelry on the sink. I wash my hair while Humming to the tune of Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran.

Every time you come around, you know I can't say no
Every time the sun goes down, I let you take control
I can feel the paradise before my world implodes
And tonight had something wonderful

My bad habits lead to late nights, endin' alone
Conversations with a stranger I barely know
Swearin' this will be the last, but it probably won't
I got nothin' left to lose, or use, or do

My bad habits lead to wide eyes starin' at space
And I know I'll lose control of the things that I say
Yeah, I was lookin' for a way out, now I can't escape
Nothin' happens after two, it's truе, it's true
My bad habits lead to you

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
My bad habits lead to you
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
My bad habits lеad to you

If there's one thing I love, it would be Music. It's my life and it's the reason I'm still standing here today. After being kidnapped at the age of 12, the only thing that helped me was Music. Okay, maybe not just Music. Music and horses, but Music the most.

Climbing out of the shower, I wrap my hair with a towel, before I slip my pj's on. When I pulled my t-shirt over my head, I had to wrap my towel all over again. You would think I'm 27 and somewhere along the line I would've realized that you first put your shirt on and then wrap your hair with a towel, but I never did.

Heading to the kitchen, I looked for something to eat while connecting my phone to my little speaker I have in the kitchen. While fiddling around in the cabinets for something to eat and listening to Piece of You by Shawn Mendes, I hear a knock on my door. I perk my head up from where I was crouching and turn my head to where the door was. Quickly I got up and went over to the peephole. Seeing Jay on the other side I opened the door just enough so my head fits through.

"Hi?" I say questioningly. He lifts a takeaway bag up to his shoulders and smirks.

"I hope you didn't have dinner yet, because I come bearing food," he says.

"Why?" I ask confused. Why would he decide to bring me food?

"Why what?" He asked confused too.

"I mean, why do you want to eat dinner with me? Don't you have a brother or something?"

"Wow, I thought I was being nice, and I thought you were hungry, but okay then if you don't want the food, I'll go give it to my brother," he says with hurt in his eyes. Great, now I'm the bad guy. He turns around to leave and without thinking, I reach for his hand.

"Wait! I didn't mean to hurt you, sorry. It's just no one usually comes to my apartment with food, except Kim, Hailey or my brother. I'm sorry," I look down to my feet. He was just trying to be nice and now I was the one to shove it all back in his face. I look back up at him before I continue, "Do you wanna come in?"

"Sure," he says with a small smile. I open the door and gesture for him to come in. Leading him to the kitchen, I grab two plates from the cabinet before I turn to him. He had a smirk on his face, but at the sight of me looking at him with a raised eyebrow, he quickly turned his gaze back to the takeaway bags. "I heard you like burgers, so I got you burgers," he says as he places a burger box in my plate and one in his.

"Well Mr. Halstead, you most certainly heard right," I say as I lead him to the dining table. We sat down and ate in silence. Every now and then I would glance in Jay's direction and catch him staring at me.

"So," I say in a high pitched voice before clearing my throat to continue, "So, uhm. Thank you for dinner, you really didn't have to, but I do appreciate it."

"No problem," he smiles. We sat there for what felt like hours just staring at each other before I looked down and clear my throat, "I should probably clean up. Do you want some coffee or something?" Standing up I reach for the plates before heading to the kitchen to wash them. I was about to wash them, when Jay stopped me with his hand.

"I'll wash, you dry," he says shoving me lightly to the side so that he has access to the sink. I shake my head with a smile as I crouched down to open the cabinet to get towels.

Together we washed and dried the few dishes and placed them in the cabinet. Grabbing two mugs, I made coffee for the two of us and for the first time then I realized I was in my pj's. I put my head in my hands with my elbows on the countertop.

"You okay," I hear Jay ask on the other side of the counter. At that I started chuckling.

"I realized just now that I'm in pj's while you are here! It's very embarrassing," I say my head still in my hands. I hear him chuckle before I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and turned me around. I was now face to face with Jay.

"What's wrong with the fact that you're wearing pj's in front of me? What did I tell you this morning," he says. I can feel my cheeks heat and I slapped him on his chest.

"Don't you ever say that again!" I say. He held his hands up in defense while chuckling.

"Sorry, I won't. Not yet," he says smirking. Once again we stood there staring into each other's eyes for what felt like hours. When he bent his face down so his is even with mine, I realized he was gonna kiss me. I quickly looked away and cleared my throat, "The coffee's getting cold." I turn around and picked the two mugs up, giving him one. I gestured for him to take a seat on one of the couches in the living room. We made small talk forgetting about what just almost happened in the kitchen, before we saw that it was nearly 11 and Jay had to get back home.

"Thank you for dinner, I really appreciate it," I say crossing my arms as I lean on my doorframe.

"Thank you for letting me have dinner with you," He says with a smile. We stood there for a while in a comfortable silence before he cleared his throat, "I should probably go, I'll see you at work." he turned around to leave.

"Jay," I say making him turn around. I give him a small smile, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Annabelle," he says with the biggest goofy grin ever. He turned around and walked off, as I stood in the doorway watching his figure disappear in the elevator.