Memories with Anne

Kim's POV

"This can't be real," I say looking down at my blood stained hands. I've scrubbed the blood off atleast 7 times in the bathroom, but I can't get the red out. "Please tell me this is just a dream," my voice barely above a whisper.

"I tried telling myself that, but this is too real," Kevin says. "I even picnhed myself three times. I'm sorry Kim, this is real." His voice cracked.

The waiting room in med is cold, or maybe it's just the empty feeling I have, because of Annabelle's absence. "Adam please stop pacing, you're making me sick," I say. A strayed tear running down my cheek. Adam stopped pacing and came to sit next to me, placing his head in his hands.

"I can't believe it," I finally said after what seemed like hours of silence

"I can't believe it," I finally said after what seemed like hours of silence. Broken sobs broke out of me, and my whole body shook. Kevin stood up and walked to the other side of the room, clearly trying to compose himself.

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me, and I lean into the embrace breaking down immediately.

I remember the first time Annabelle and I met

I remember the first time Annabelle and I met. I was a patrol officer and so was she. I was getting myself a cup of coffee at the same Coffee place she usually did and I remember bumping into her one morning, spilling all the coffee on both of us. I was so embarrassed it wasn't even funny. After apologizing atleast seven times she held up a finger to me and said it was okay. I bought her a cup off coffee even though she refused it. After that day, we became really close. We were already like sisters. And even after I called the engagement off with her brother, she never once left my side. She's such a great person, and I don't know what I would do without her.

"How are you coping with this Adam?" I managed to ask in between my sobs. "You're sister is dying and now I feel bad that you are comforting me, when I should be comforting you."

"It's okay," he managed to whisper.

"No, It's not! Didn't you hear what I said," I ask him.

"I heard what you said Kim, but I know my sister is a fighter. If she's been through hell at the age of 12, I'm pretty sure she can go through hell again and come back out stronger as ever," he says rubbing my arm. "But we need to have faith in her, okay? We can't start losing hope now. It's no use."