Lights... City Lights!

Hiii Guys!

I'm so sorry for not updating as quick as I usually do. I've been so busy with a lot of schoolwork and projects. But here is the new chapter as promised.

I would really like to thank those who voted on the story! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. The votes you give me are the reason that I still keep writing.

I feel like this chapter is a total mess, because I'm not sure where I wanted to go with this chapter, but I promise the next one would be a lot beter. I hope.... :)

Okay, enough of this Author's Note...

ENJOY!!!

Jay's been so kind to me the last few hours. I was currently trying to sleep, but it's impossible. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier and about Jay. He insisted on staying the night over to make sure I was okay. Even though I told him I would be fine.

Every time I close my eyes, I see Owen's face. I feel his hands and it makes me feel disgusting. I've literally washed myself seven times in the shower, yet I still feel his lips on me. Disgusting, I tell you.

I stood up from my bed, I took my pillow, Heffalump and the blankets on the bed and head out my room to the livingroom. I tried my best to move the couch quietly so that it doesn't disturb Jay in the guestroom. Whith a lot of effort, I finally managed to turn the couch so that it faces my glass wall that overlooks the city.

Plopping myself on the couch, I make myself comfortable so that I can watch the City lights of Chicago. It's always very calming somehow to just stare off in a distance and watch the city lights or stars. If you ever get the chance to see stars.

"You okay?" I hear a sleepy Jay behind me. I jerk my head and let out a small yelp. "Sorry, didn't want to scare you. Just heard a noise and came to take a look."

"Oh, I'm sorry I woke you. I couldn't sleep so I came here to look at the lights," I say softly. Now I feel bad for waking him up.

"You didn't wake me up, I was awake anyway," He says, clearly lying because of the way he's leaning on the doorframe to his room and you could hear it in his voice. "Lights you say?"

I nod, "It's somehow very calming. Lights in the city and stars in the countryside." He nods, a small smile gracing his features. It was silent for a moment, he looked like he was hesitant about something. "You wanna join?" I ask after a while. He looked like I just answered one of his questions in his head, and he nods as he came over. I pulled the covers up so that he can slide in. We sat there awkwardly with a fair distance between us, before I decided to scoot closer to him.

He grinned at me and swung an arm around me as I leaned against him. His touch is so comforting, I could sit like this forever. I traced the patterns of the blanket, while looking out at the lights now and then. Glancing at Jay, I caught him staring at me, I looked at him and ask, "What?"

"Nothing," he defends and turns back to the window.

"Jay? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Don't worry," he says and I gave him a skeptical look. I let it slide for now and turn back to the window. We sat there in a very comfortable silence. In fact it was so comfortable that I finally drifted off into sleep, snuggling against Jay's chest.

*°♡○☆°*

I woke up with the smell of someone cooking bacon in the kitchen. I was lying on the couch alone with the covers tucked under me. Shifting, I turned on to my side so that I was facing the backside of the couch. I lifted my head, to peek over the couch to see the kitchen. In the kitchen stood Jay, his back turned to me with a spatula in one hand while working at the stove.