I think Moto Moto likes you...

After spending an hour of just lying on the picnic blanket in the shade, we finally decided to go back. When we got there Dylan was very excited to see us. Well, more excited to see Hailey. He couldn't stop looking at her and flirting with her. Clearly he has a crush on her, and she's way too oblivious. 

When we finally drove out, I glanced at her a few times with a grin. "What," she asks with a frown. I started shaking my head and chuckled as I took a left. "What," She asked again. 

"Nothing," I sing. 

"Annabelle," she warned.

"What?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Can't I look at my best friend?"

"Anna, why are you smiling like that?" 

"It's just," I trail off. It's fun to annoy Hailey sometimes.

"Anna, I swear, if you don't tell me right now what's going on, I'll make you pull the car off and then make you tell me!" 

"I think Dylan likes you," I started giggling. 

"Excuse me? Why on Earth would you think that?" She raises her voice, and her facial expression is priceless. 

"Were you even on Earth lately? Did you not see him staring at you the whole entire time? He even tripped over the saddle. And didn't you even noticed that he was flirting with you ninety nine percent of the time?" I started giggling at the sight of Hailey blushing. 

"Well, it's very nice that there's someone who likes me, but unfortunately I don't feel the same way," she says.

"You sure you don't feel anything at all?"

"Oh, I'm sure."

"What do you think Sammy, does Hailey look in love to you?" I ask the boy in the back, looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"Why is your cheeks so wed Hailey?" he asks and I started giggling.

"Even Sammy thinks you like him," I giggle out. 

"I don't like him okay?" Hailey says slapping my arm.

"Okay okay. I'm just glad that at least one of us is pretty." I say while taking a right. 

"Excuse me?! What is that supposed to mean?" Hailey asks as her voice grew louder. 

"It means you are very pretty. No, not pretty beautiful."

"And you're not?"

"Exactly," I say shrugging and it's true. I'm not near as pretty as Hailey and Kim and all the other girls on Earth. Even my sister Kate is way prettier than me. I'm not going to be depressed about it either. Truth hurts, and you just have to deal with it. 

"Annabelle, did you bump your head or something?"

"Not that I can remember."

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen before. Every time we go to the mall together or we went to crime scenes or anywhere with men close by, I had to actually threaten them with glares as the look at you like their prey. Your so oblivious sometimes to waiters that flirted with you while they handed you your drink. Do you know how insecure I sometimes feel when I stand next to you?" She takes a breath before she rants on, "You know sometimes when you don't even bother to wear makeup, I start to get depressed. Gosh, you don't even have to brush your hair in the morning, you'll still look pretty."

"You're just saying those things because you're my best friend," I grumble. 

"Sammy, do you think Anna is pretty?" Hailey asks while turning in her seat.