Introduction

Hello fellow Outer Banks fans!

Like most of you I have been obsessing over the newest season of this great show. And with that comes my obsession with the cast. It's come to my attention that Rafe is a hot topic in the fandom as of late... I now feel the need to fuel the fans' obsessions as well as mine.

So, I hope you enjoy this story.

Haley Cooper is a Kook. Her parents were born Kooks and are pretty well known across the OBX. Haley's family want nothing more than for her to live up to their name, marry another Kook, and have little Kooks. So when she comes home to tell her parents that she is dating Rafe Cameron, the son of the king Kook, to say they are thrilled is an understatement. While she really likes him, he comes with his own baggage that he is dealing with. She wants to help him but she has her own problems. Haley doesn't fit in with the Kooks. She isn't about the flashiness, it's too much for her. Rafe is full Kook... Haley is not. He doesn't know that about her just yet, though.

This story deals with the lives of two young adults trying to navigate their way through a trivial period in their life. Will they come out together and strong? Or will they distance themselves?

*I don't own the rights to these characters*

Disclaimer: Mature content (cursing, sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.)

To reiterate what I explained in the book description, this story takes place as if the show hasn't happened. These events are made up by me.

THANKS FOR READING! I hope all you Pogues and Kooks enjoy!🤙🏼