Chapter 29

TW: mentions of physical abuse

——————

My phone rings from the nightstand beside my bed, waking me up. Without opening my eyes, I  grab the phone and answer, "Hello?"

"Good morning, honey! Dad and I are coming home today. The rest of his meetings were canceled because of a potential hurricane. Our flight leaves in about an hour so we will see you guys this afternoon." I hear my mom's voice on the other end.

Rafe moves around behind me, his arm wraps around my waist and pulls my back to his front. He mumbles, "Are you on the phone?"

I nod my head to acknowledge him, "Okay mom. I'll see you then."

"Wait a second... who is there with you?" She asks.

"Um... no one..."

Mom knows I'm lying, "Yeah right. Has Rafe been staying over there?"

From behind me, he speaks up, "Good morning, Mrs. Cooper."

I elbow him and he grunts. I try not to smile, "Yes mom. He has been staying over."

"Oh... uh, okay." She breathes in, "Y'all need to be super careful, alright? I'm not ready for a grandchild and you-"

"MOM! Chill out! It's fine. I'll see you when you get home. Bye!" I say and hang up the phone.

Rafe kisses my shoulder, "What was that about?"

I breathe out, "My mother is being dramatic."

"How so?"

I begin to tell him, "First off, they are about to get on a plane to come home. Second, she said that you and I should be careful because she doesn't want a grandchild just yet. I had to cut her off really quick before she told me to put her on speaker and we both get a lecture."

He laughs from behind me, "I know your mom is lecturing your dad right now and telling him what she would say to us."

"You are one hundred percent correct." I giggle.

His strong arms pull me closer to him, his face nuzzles into my neck. "You don't want me to get you pregnant?"

My eyes widen, "Not now... we are way too young."

"Just imagine... we would have two little boys and a little girl running outside. We'll have a big house with a big backyard and a pool. I will take over my dad's business, you won't have to work, you'll stay home with the kids. We are gonna have a golden retriever that we adopted when our first little one was a baby, so they could grow up together. Doesn't that sound so good?" It's like he's in his own little world.

I sigh, "Rafe..."

He stops me, "I know, not now. But just imagine the future."

Future? He wants a future with me? I might cry.

His hand grips my hip and he whispers in my ear, "I want to fuck you so hard and get you pregnant. Now."

I'm at a loss for words. My mouth is hanging open and I hate to admit it, but those words make me want to get pregnant. Right now.

"Mmm... do it then." I mumble.

Without another word, he flips me onto my back and climbs over me. Rafe kisses me while unbuttoning his shirt that I'm wearing. My hands tangle in his hair, pulling his face as close to mine as possible. He moans into my mouth when I tug on his hair slightly. I reach down to the hem of his shirt, that he wore last night but slept in because he crashed as soon as we got up here. Somehow, I got him to at least take off his shorts before getting in my bed, but I'm surprised I even accomplished that. He was so wasted last night. It was kinda funny.